The Student Room Group

I hate having big boobs

Clothes companies assume that because I've got big boobs, I'm fat.

I am SICK of buying size 14 clothes, just because the size 10s (that fit my body perfectly) are too tight over my chest. I shouldn't have to wear baggy clothes just because companies refuse to cater to women with REAL CURVES who aren't just fat.

CURVY =/= FAT.

OH AND ANOTHER THING. How comes companies that make beautiful lingerie never go up to my size? Apparently girls bigger than a DD don't like wearing nice bras. Or, if they do, they must be rich. I shouldn't have to spend £30-£40 just to find a decent bra. I wear a 32F cup, and I wear size 10 knickers. What does that tell you??

I swear to God, clothes are designed by skinny bitches who are jealous of girls with real curves, and it goes the same for lingerie. We have to pay a lot of money for a limited selection of underwear. I bet it's a scam. They know that because girls with DD+ boobs NEED bras more than girls with size B boobs, they make us pay MORE. They know they can get the money out of us because we have no choice. I can't pop into Primark and buy a cheap bra. New Look and H&M don't go up to my size. It isn't fair.

(I can't believe people are actually taking me seriously when I say people are "jealous"... really? I was kidding, people.)

I google image searched "curvy woman" to prove my point.

Fat:

Curvy:

Scroll to see replies

Curvy is the best look! shame that the companies dont cater for these girls more to be honest!
Reply 2
I'm probably what you'd class as fat, but I also get annoyed with my boobs sometimes.

I can never wear shirts because the buttons just don't do up/are stretched so you can see my boobs :frown: Also t-shirts make me look fatter than I am, so I normally go for 'empire line' tops/dresses because they're the most flattering. This limits what I can wear quite a lot... Boo hiss.

Plus I hate having to pay lots for bras too! Primark do actually do a range of larger sizes but they're all pretty granny-ish and not at all what I like wearing! I normally get mine in La Senza and end up paying £15-20 for a bra ON ITS OWN, not even a set. Grr.
Reply 3
Know the feeling =/ I have the same problem as you - it's a nightmare just to pop into a shop and buy a nice top. Don't even get me started on bikinis!
Why is it that some certain body types are catered for an not others? It's stupid. I don't know how many people must be annoyed at this, but you'd think that some giant company would have decided to make a bit of money out of it?
Ahh don't get me started on bras and whatnot :woo: . . .
I hear you sister! Most shops don't even seem to stock smaller than band size 32 or larger than a DD.

Try shopping online - Bravissimo/Fig Leaves/Simply Yours etc.

Not ideal as they are mostly £25-35.
My sister has this exact problem.. 30G and size 8/10 D: Buying bikinis/swimwear is the most annoying thing for her, I think.

She recently bought a few nice bras on the Bravissimo sale though, all about £10 - £15 :smile: Cheaper than their normal prices!
Reply 7
i know a really slim girl who has a great set of melons and she always complains about the same thing !
it always amused me but i suppose its a real problem if u have it
she gets plenty of attention though so it all balances out :wink:
Reply 8
you ain't the only one hating!!!! :frown:

:jumphug:
Reply 9
I feel ur pain but I'm a size 14 and my boobs r mahooooosiv
ive lost loadsa weight too and they're not getting any smaller.. I'm going to see if they're the same when I get to a size 10 and if they are then im going for surgery
Reply 10
This is the most annoying thing in the world, I share your pain. I have size E boobs but a size 8 waist, so i have to buy much larger tops to accomodate:frown: It's a real pain. And to top it all off, I'm not even 5 foot tall... Proportionally speaking, shopping = nightmare.
Reply 11
Lose some weight.
mimimimi

I can never wear shirts because the buttons just don't do up/are stretched so you can see my boobs :frown:

Argh i have this exact same problem. I have to buy much larger sized fitted shirts just so the buttons will do up :frown: Then it doesnt fit right around your middle so it just makes you look odd X(

As for underwear, i can't buy sets because apparantly 32DD ladies are also a large or a size 12-14 bottom?!
Ham22
you don't need to have freekishly large boobs to have curves.

Excuse me? So having big boobs makes me a freak? Uh-uh! And large boobs aren't as rare as you think - more women are bigger than size D than are smaller so if we're calling names then brand yourself first missy!
Reply 14
Clioashlee
Argh i have this exact same problem. I have to buy much larger sized fitted shirts just so the buttons will do up :frown: Then it doesnt fit right around your middle so it just makes you look odd X(

As for underwear, i can't buy sets because apparantly 32DD ladies are also a large or a size 12-14 bottom?!

Yeah... Maybe wearing a bigger sized shirt with like a chunky waist belt could be a good option? I hadn't really thought about that before, I might try it :yes:
Reply 15
Adhsur
Lose some weight.

Sweetie, I don't need to lose weight. Don't be an arse.
Primark dedicate a section for D-G cups in Doncaster. And they definetly arent expensive.
Reply 17
Yeah, tbf my friend/current plaything has 32FF boobs and getting her clothes to fit is damm near impossible. They just dont look right. Even my ex who wasnt huge boobed 32DD/32E couldnt get shirts to fit right.

Not complaining, the more there is on show the happier I am!
carlylwright
Primark dedicate a section for D-G cups in Doncaster. And they definetly arent expensive.

But they definately don't offer adaquate support.
Reply 19
carlylwright

I'd bet good money they look like this:

Latest