The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Someone needs to set up a new company that is like Bravissimo but more aimed at people under 30!
Reply 61
I was out shopping looking for a relatively cheap basque to wear on V-day and I got one thats gorgeous from Asda George! I love it and can't wait to wear it! the shop I got it from went up to the big sizes! :biggrin: Made my day!

http://direct.asda.com/george/women-s-clothing/lingerie/co-ordinating-collections/embroidered-glamour-basque/GEM33902,default,pd.html
PinkBullets
lies lies lies

So you realised you'd quoted someone else instead of me and deleted it? Nice....

And for the record, I do not have 'fake confidence'. I have a love/hate relationship with my boobs just like most women do with their bodies. Some days I hate them, but most days I love them and anyway, they're part of my body and I'd look weird without them!!

And they are fabulous, darling :smile:
Lindsey123
Someone needs to set up a new company that is like Bravissimo but more aimed at people under 30!

Like www.brastop.com?
blinkbelle
So you realised you'd quoted someone else instead of me and deleted it? Nice....

And for the record, I do not have 'fake confidence'. I have a love/hate relationship with my boobs just like most women do with their bodies. Some days I hate them, but most days I love them and anyway, they're part of my body and I'd look weird without them!!

And they are fabulous, darling :smile:

What the hell are you talking about? You told someone with C-cups that they probably look great in a t-shirt without a bra, but that you would look like a grandmother. Are you denying that? :confused:
Pink Bullets
What the hell are you talking about? You told someone with C-cups that they probably look great in a t-shirt without a bra, but that you would look like a grandmother. Are you denying that? :confused:

What the hell are you talking about?!

I didn't say it - the OP did!

Staralfur9
The thing is, I bet you could get away with going out with just a t-shirt, and no bra, and you'd still look great. I'd look like a grandma or something, though.

I didn't mean to be rude, it just really annoys me.

I would never say I look like a grandma without a bra on, because I don't! :confused:
blinkbelle
What the hell are you talking about?!

I didn't say it - the OP did!

I would never say I look like a grandma without a bra on, because I don't! :confused:

So why were you replying to posts that I directed to the OP? :confused:

I asked her a question directly, you responded to it, forgive me for not cross-checking your usernames. :rolleyes:
Reply 67
Staralfur9
Clothes companies assume that because I've got big boobs, I'm fat.

I am SICK of buying size 14 clothes, just because the size 10s (that fit my body perfectly) are too tight over my chest. I shouldn't have to wear baggy clothes just because companies refuse to cater to women with REAL CURVES who aren't just fat.

CURVY =/= FAT.

OH AND ANOTHER THING. How comes companies that make beautiful lingerie never go up to my size? Apparently girls bigger than a DD don't like wearing nice bras. Or, if they do, they must be rich. I shouldn't have to spend £30-£40 just to find a decent bra. I wear a 32F cup, and I wear size 10 knickers. What does that tell you??

I swear to God, clothes are designed by skinny bitches who are jealous of girls with real curves, and it goes the same for lingerie. We have to pay a lot of money for a limited selection of underwear. I bet it's a scam. They know that because girls with DD+ boobs NEED bras more than girls with size B boobs, they make us pay MORE. They know they can get the money out of us because we have no choice. I can't pop into Primark and buy a cheap bra. New Look and H&M don't go up to my size. It isn't fair.

I google image searched "curvy woman" to prove my point.

Fat:

Curvy:

I'm chubby, I wear size 14 and because of my boobs have to go bigger sometimes, I'm 36GG and I hate it.

If I were a smaller cup size I reckon I'd easily be size 12 on top.
Pink Bullets
So why were you replying to posts that I directed to the OP? :confused:

I asked her a question directly, you responded to it, forgive me for not cross-checking your usernames. :rolleyes:

1. I replied to you saying 'why would anyone be jealous of F cups' because I thought you were being sarcastic.

2. You didn't just 'not cross-check usernames', you deliberately misquoted me by inserting my username into a quote that was taken from someone else.
blinkbelle
1. I replied to you saying 'why would anyone be jealous of F cups' because I thought you were being sarcastic.

2. You didn't just 'not cross-check usernames', you deliberately misquoted me by inserting my username into a quote that was taken from someone else.

I did not deliberately misquote you, I thought it was you that said it. I apologise for being wrong, but if you decide to speak on someone else's behalf on a forum, there's a possibility that you will be mistaken for them. C'est la vie.
Pink Bullets
I did not deliberately misquote you, I thought it was you that said it. I apologise for being wrong, but if you decide to speak on someone else's behalf on a forum, there's a possibility that you will be mistaken for them. C'est la vie.

If you're too stupid to follow who says what, I don't think you should be using an internet forum tbh.

There aren't any 'rules' about who can respond to what post. You spoke detrimentally about F cup breasts and I was offended and stepped in. Happens all the time. I didn't 'speak on her behalf' :rolleyes: jeez..
I have the same problem, but swop "boobs" for "legs". I have really long legs so clothing companies assume I'm a fat shapeless blob. Even skinny jeans are way too big around the waist. V annoying :frown:
Meh, highstreet clothes just fail in general. You'd think being a pretty average 32D [which seem not to exist] /34C 5'4" size 8/10 I'd be able to find a shirt that buttons up but no. And do not get me started on trousers and jeans.
blinkbelle
If you're too stupid to follow who says what, I don't think you should be using an internet forum tbh.

There aren't any 'rules' about who can respond to what post. You spoke detrimentally about F cup breasts and I was offended and stepped in. Happens all the time. I didn't 'speak on her behalf' :rolleyes: jeez..

Oh god, what wit. I made a mistake, I'd better go kill myself now. :rolleyes: By the way, I didn't delete any posts. A moderator deleted both our posts at the same time. Are you too stupid to realise that your posts disappeared at the same time as mine did?

I didn't speak detrimentally about F-cups, I simply said that people are not likely to be jealous of them. Just like people are not likely to be jealous of people with blonde hair or brown eyes or size 5 feet. They're just a body part of a certain size; there's nothing particularly enviable about them. If someone said 'girls with big boobs are all jealous of girls with A-cups', I'd ask the same question of them.
Reply 74
wow... a curvy girl who can competently form an oppinion. You're like my dream girl :wink:
Reply 75
Lindsey123
I completely agree! Shops basically never stock band size 30. They are often hideous and a bit old lady-ish, and unless you specifically buy a t-shirt bra (which are a bit boring) they are always material rather than moulded, which is useless when you feel cold!

I know, and often they're like all yukky see through lace stuff which I personally can't stand, like this:
http://www.journelle.com/assets/2008/10/01/8c68b074cc1a84a9b3ded6ed1031490f_large.jpg

Or just something that really isn't that sexy like this:
http://www.bravissimo.com/products/lingerie/soft-cup-bras/emily/soft-cup-bras/eb07-details.aspx?colour=shell-pink&ck=8pTZeA6tI0PJEgy97havDjkuNAhIl9M7

http://www.bravissimo.com/products/lingerie/everyday-essentials/fantasie/full-cup-bras/fa60-details.aspx?colour=nude&ck=8pTZeA6tI0OT4vSZRYDF6C6QjPcseBNd

To be fair though, you can find some really nice ones :] You just have to look about a bit more, I got this a few weeks ago from La Senza and they had it going upto around a 40G I think, possibly even bigger and I thought it was quite pretty :] :
http://www.lasenza.co.uk/bras/girly-and-gorgeous/Level3.aspx?d=12&collection=3&style=700834&product=010009682&img=AW109_49
Reply 76
Too bad you hate having big boobs, us guys love it
Reply 77
I hate having small boobs, it's the opposite problem. All clothes that fit my body are too baggy around my boobs, and buying a dress for going out in is nearly impossible because all the nice ones require you to have something to hold them up with.
laura_j90
I know, and often they're like all yukky see through lace stuff which I personally can't stand, like this:
http://www.journelle.com/assets/2008/10/01/8c68b074cc1a84a9b3ded6ed1031490f_large.jpg

Or just something that really isn't that sexy like this:
http://www.bravissimo.com/products/lingerie/soft-cup-bras/emily/soft-cup-bras/eb07-details.aspx?colour=shell-pink&ck=8pTZeA6tI0PJEgy97havDjkuNAhIl9M7

http://www.bravissimo.com/products/lingerie/everyday-essentials/fantasie/full-cup-bras/fa60-details.aspx?colour=nude&ck=8pTZeA6tI0OT4vSZRYDF6C6QjPcseBNd

To be fair though, you can find some really nice ones :] You just have to look about a bit more, I got this a few weeks ago from La Senza and they had it going upto around a 40G I think, possibly even bigger and I thought it was quite pretty :] :
http://www.lasenza.co.uk/bras/girly-and-gorgeous/Level3.aspx?d=12&collection=3&style=700834&product=010009682&img=AW109_49

Yup those are the ones! That La Senza one looks good but what is up with their sizes? They always seem so small compared to other shops!
Reply 79
Staralfur9
Sweetie, I don't need to lose weight. Don't be an arse.

I feel you pain Staralfur! I'm exactly the same size as you, I wear size 10 knickers, and have 32F bras (and still increasing!) :eek:

I don't hate having boobs this size however, overall I'm pretty happy with my body. In terms of bras, I don't even bother to look in shops like Topshop, who we all know have an incredibly poor choice of sizes, I tend to go for La Senza/M&S/Wonderbra/Elle Macpherson. . . plus if I know my exact size (because brands can vary) I tend to buy bras new from ebay, because they're £10-£15 rather than £30-£40.

I never wear bras that don't make me feel sexy either- there is nice lingerie out there for the bigger sizes! :wink:

I agree tops are an issue though- I'm a size 12/14 when I should be more like a 10. :s-smilie: Any bottoms I wear though are always high waisted however, so I can tuck things in and give my waist a bit more shape. :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending