The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I can only recommend loads and loads of past papers. That, and those CGP revision books, although a lot of people I know don't particularly like them.
Mathswatch?
LOADS of past papers. Get them off TSR or the official exam board websites. Seriously its the best way to revise maths. I was gettins Cs and Bs during the year, and then for my revision did practically every past paper there was and ended up getting a hight A*.
Do some work.
Reply 5
I have to say, I took the IGCSE paper, and I was rubbish at maths (thanks to my **** of a maths teacher,) but after doing about 5 past papers (and no other revision) I got an A in the exa, so my best suggestion is past papers.
Reply 6
Cheers guys, great advice :smile: accept "Do some work" idoit!

Seems practise papers would be my way forward, I heard that you can get them off this website too, are they under revision notes?

Thank you for your help :smile:
Reply 7
CGP got me through my GCSE's ;-)! I thought the 'witty' comments were the highlight of them... :-P! But seriously, they were useful and I could imagine be really useful with your maths GCSE!

Past papers as much as possible... my college biology department seemed to decided this was the only way to get us through our a-levels and so for 2 years I did practice papers... i literally did every past papers for 8 years previous, some more than once, and I hated it at the time but it worked and I got 100% on both AS level papers and 98% on all 3 a-level papers! And my class got exceptionally high results... so practice is definitely a good way forward!

I also recommend doing as much mental maths as you can, as it gets your brain thinking mathematically and I found my calculator paper was much easier when I was at school... as id got quicker at the mental maths thing! Try to avoid your calculator where you can!

Other than that, lots of revision but plenty of downtime too, to give your brain a rest and a chance to recover, and then when you come to doing some more work, you'l feel refreshed and brighter and will take more on board! :smile: Good luck!
Reply 8
hollyy13 brilliant advice :smile: Thank you very much :smile:
Reply 9
GCSE past papers, have the mark scheme then mark the question like right after you do it so that you can see what you did wrong (if anything). And if you get stuck on a question and have absolutely no idea at all, look at the next step in the answers; you'll probs remember the method more that way.
Reply 10
Mathswatch is the best tool. I didnt go to lessons, just used the CD and obtained a Grade B. Samlearning and Bitesize is crap for maths.
Reply 11
Courts, this website: http://mathswatch.co.uk/#/welcome/4532733635

?

Reply 12
Mathswatch, seems good, but says min order 25 CD's :/

toblerone93
Mathswatch?

Lol, I turn on the mute button - her voice is so annoying.

Or, ask your school if they have an account MyMaths.com? It's quite helpful, but I doubt they have it or they would have told you.
Steal a textbook, use mymaths and/or do past papers. :smile:
Reply 15
Oh ya, we have MyMaths, everything on their site, I read it, and I can't remember what I read lool
Reply 16
"Steal a textbook" lol, I love some of these ideas :P
I would just write all the answers up your arm, safe bet.
Reply 18
arr, but I don't know what's on the test, so would have to write like the whole course on my body lol
Look up the spec. to see what you need to learn, then learn it. Just memorize it, to get a C you just have to memorize all the right steps. If you have gone over all of the topics and remembered the steps there is no reason why you cannot get a B or an A.

Latest