The Student Room Group

How did your predicted and/or mock grades match your real grades?

How did your predicted and/or mock GCSE grades match up to your real ones?

In my mocks I performed reasonably well - 2 As, 7Bs, 1C. Nothing amazing but I didn't exactly work my arse off, I did quite a bit of revision but I could have done alot more than I did.

In my real GCSEs I really want one or two A*s, around 5As and 5Bs. Anyone think this is a realistic target for myself? Or am I just being too hopeful? :frown:

P.S. sorry if this has been asked numerous times before.. I'm new, I tried to search but I wasn't able to find anything entirely relevant.
Reply 1
Mocks are nearly always wrong. Revise your arse off (I recommend flash cards) and you can get all A*s if you want :woo:
Reply 2
Work, that's what I'll suggest.

I did very little revision (revised on the way to the exam) for both. For me I just got lucky in the mocks with the questions and unlucky in my real exams.
In my mocks and predicted I got 4A*'s, 3 A's, 3B's and a C. I came out with 3 A's, 5 B's and 3 C's.
A few of mine were quite inaccurate: (Subject - Predicted - Actual)

Biology - A - A*
Physics - A - A*
History - A - A*
French - B - A*
RE - A* - B
Music - A - C

(Rest were correct)

So no, they're not terribly accurate :p:
Reply 4
I'm sure you can get that if you try really hard, anything is possible :biggrin:

In the mock I got 4A 3B 2C 2D and I'm aiming for atleast 1A* 5A 5B
Predicted straight A*'s, achieved straight A*'s
I did the same or better in my real ones,
I got a D in R.E & Maths in my mocks,.
Which I got up to an A and a B :woo:
In the GCSE RS mock, I got 56%

In the real, I got 96%

:wink:
Reply 8
its very simple let come first join [email protected]
Predicted something like 6 A*s and 5 As
Mocks two months before real exams: Highest was D but mostly U's (which led to an emergency meeting with my parents)
Real grades: 7A*, 3A, 1B (damn french :mad:)
in my case, predicted grades were TOTALLY unaccurate. for example, i was predicted a C for english, i ended up with an A; similar for PE, i was expected to get a B, i got an E (!) in real thing.
Reply 11
revised hard for both mocks and real things and got exaxtly the same grades in both, mocks arnt seen to be accurate because few people actually take them seriously
Predicted: 8A,2A*.(not too bad)
Mocks: 6B,3A,1A* (had coursework due in the week after and deliberately didn't revise at all for any subjects)
Actual: 7A*, 3A (craming revision in the last days before the exams, should have got straight A*s in hindsight)
mines were A*AAAB
to A*A*A*A*A

(scottish highers though :p: )
I went up a few grades in most subjects.
the mocks i dont think are to show your capablity but just to get a feel for what the real one's are going to be like. Especially with ours has we hadnt finished the scheme of work so it wasnt complety fair to begin with. In my mocks i got c's d's & an e.
In the actual ones i got b's& c's
x
Reply 16
I got wayyyyyyy higher than my predictions. But to be fair, I was a lazy bastard.
Reply 17
I got halved

Predicted 8 A* 2 A
Achieved 4 A* 6 A
Targeted (achieved)

English Literature - A (A)
English Language - A (A*)
Mathematics - A (A*)
Core Science - A/B (A)
Additional Science - A/B (A)
OCR Nationals in ICT - MM (Merit) equivalent to BB (DD (Distinction) equivalent to AA)
Applied Business Studies - BB (BC)
Music - A* (A)
Religious Studies Short Course - a (a*)
French Short Course - a (b) *sigh*

Latest