The Student Room Group

I no longer want a gap year but already have defered offers

hey, this is the first time i have ever posted so not sure if this is the right place to post but i really need some help

I applied this year for defered entry and have recieved four offers.
But have since decided i dont want a gap year anymore and would love to start uni this year.
I know people can sometimes change their normal offers to defered entry after recieving them. But i'm not sure about the other way round..

Has anyone ever done this before or know if it is even possible?
i was thinking i could email the unis or something
any help would be great! thanks
ask the universities.
Reply 2
You need to ask the unis you've applied to. They may be able to change it. Be prepared to explain why you've changed your mind, though.

If they won't, then look into [wiki]UCAS_Extra[/wiki] or consider Clearing.
Reply 3
username1992
hey, this is the first time i have ever posted so not sure if this is the right place to post but i really need some help

I applied this year for defered entry and have recieved four offers.
But have since decided i dont want a gap year anymore and would love to start uni this year.
I know people can sometimes change their normal offers to defered entry after recieving them. But i'm not sure about the other way round..

Has anyone ever done this before or know if it is even possible?
i was thinking i could email the unis or something
any help would be great! thanks

Just out of curiosity, what was the reason tou decided not to take a gap year?
Reply 4
thanks for the help! :smile:

the reason i changed my mind sounds kind of stupid
but its because i originally made the decision without really thinking it through, some of my close friends are taking gap years so i kind of just assumed it was what i wanted too. But i dunno...getting offers and talking to my friends who are going has made really excited about moving away and starting my life. also i can allways travel and do some voluntering later on (which was my plan)

Juno
You need to ask the unis you've applied to. They may be able to change it. Be prepared to explain why you've changed your mind, though.

If they won't, then look into [wiki]UCAS_Extra[/wiki] or consider Clearing.

I am going to email them later today,but i'm not really sure how to phrase it... i think my reason sounds kind of superficial and indecisive?

I really like the courses i have got offers from so i was assuming that if they said no i would just have a gap year. But i'm going to find out about extra now. so thanks
Reply 5
Just say that since the time you applied you have had a bit of a change of heart. Say that you had the time to get the to know the uni(s) better and are really excited to go, so excited that you would like to go rater sooner than later.

Latest

Trending

Trending