Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can England win the football world cup in 20018?

Announcements Posted on
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    How long will it take England to get a good enough team together?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, by the year 20018 nobody will be focused on the world cup because we'll be competing with mars and the rest of the planets we've colonised. England can finally swoop from nowhere and win it, unfortunately everyone will stop giving a **** about the world cup by then. It's kind of like brazil winning the federation cup, it'll probably be mentioned as commentary filler but dosen't really mean sh*t.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    2018? No.

20018? Still no.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    If we make reforms now we might reach the quarters in 2094
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I can't see us winning it even with the new breed coming through. We have some brilliant youth coming through but it's not in enough positions. We have alot of young talent with the midfield and wingers but defensively i can only think of luke shaw for left back and Butland in goal as upcoming quality players. We are really lacking in the centre back department, john stones has had half a season and he may turn out to be good, but not class like you need to win a major competition. John Flannagan isn't good enough either if you're looking at future right backs. I think we missed a trick with micah richards, Man City ruined his career. Same as rodwell. Glad to see Sturridge up front but who else do we have for striker, Danny Welbeck? Connor Wickham. If we were to get to the quarters at the World Cup i think it'd be an achievement
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackass.)
    I can't see us winning it even with the new breed coming through. We have some brilliant youth coming through but it's not in enough positions. We have alot of young talent with the midfield and wingers but defensively i can only think of luke shaw for left back and Butland in goal as upcoming quality players. We are really lacking in the centre back department, john stones has had half a season and he may turn out to be good, but not class like you need to win a major competition. John Flannagan isn't good enough either if you're looking at future right backs. I think we missed a trick with micah richards, Man City ruined his career. Same as rodwell. Glad to see Sturridge up front but who else do we have for striker, Danny Welbeck? Connor Wickham. If we were to get to the quarters at the World Cup i think it'd be an achievement
    Little early to say that?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stylo92)
    Little early to say that?
    It is a bit yeah but just don't think he'll cut it. If you look at the defenders the likes of Germany and Spain have, i don't think he could be compared to the like of Hummels or Pique.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It is a bit yeah but just don't think he'll cut it. If you look at the defenders the likes of Germany and Spain have, i don't think he could be compared to the like of Hummels or Pique.
    Probably said the same for those players after they had only played half a season?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    There probably won't be a country called England in 20018. And we'll have probably f***** Earth up so much by then anyway that there'd be no humans.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stylo92)
    Probably said the same for those players after they had only played half a season?
    Don't suppose you're an evertonian? i do take your point, i mean pique was a flop with Man U you'd never have thought he'd become what he has. I'm just basing my opinion of Stones on what i expect, granted he's probably the biggest prospect as future england centre back. If he gets a full season with Everton then maybe he'll get to prove himself properly internationally
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    This is what's wrong with English football. We get a 19 or 20 year old and compare them to seasoned pros who've spent a few years playing at the highest level and then chastise them for not matching up *immediately*.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    This is what's wrong with English football. We get a 19 or 20 year old and compare them to seasoned pros who've spent a few years playing at the highest level and then chastise them for not matching up *immediately*.
    But we're talking about in 4 years time, i'm comparing them seasoned pro's to what he might be in 4 years not currently. The thing that's wrong with English football is players of high potential like Stones don't get a chance in the first team because of average foreigners coming into play ahead of them. At Everton i hope that's not the case after Distin retires. If he gets a few seasons before 2018 playing regularly then of course he could play at the highest level in a few years. One of the best centre backs in the world though? Only time will tell
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    "Can England win a match at 2018 world cup" should be the title.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    And sinclair
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    No.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 16, 2014
New on TSR

THE world university rankings 2014-2015 revealed

Will they affect your uni choices?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.