The Student Room Group

Rowing Chat

Scroll to see replies

McFearless
lycra unisuit = sexiest garment of clothing. fact.

The fact it emphasises the fact I have no boobs makes it all the more attractive.
I think I look pretty silly in my all in one. You literally need to have no fat at all for it to look "good". Feels good wearing it though...

on another note we might be getting a fair bit of free kit soon :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 182
I like my all-in-one, it's comfy.
i secretly wear mine to lectures under my clothes after i have outings. YEAh i'm cool...
Reply 184
McFearless
i secretly wear mine to lectures under my clothes after i have outings. YEAh i'm cool...

Old classic here :rofl:

We had to do a film for a sponsorship, and got around 50/60 people wearing their lycra and kit on Oxford Road and in the library. It's was ace:

McFearless

Before maybe... but after?! Is it not sweaty.
Reply 186
partoftheweekend
Before maybe... but after?! Is it not sweaty.

Girls don't sweat, though, remember? :proud:
Anatheme
Girls don't sweat, though, remember? :proud:

need to pull harder then :tongue:
Reply 188
partoftheweekend
need to pull harder then :tongue:

Hahaha, ok, you win :colondollar:
Kingston Head was a bit of a fail, we were clearly the least experienced in our category, coming across those ever so innocent looking but sneakily experienced school boat clubs (I think we unfortunately were competing against their sixth form, probably had been rowing for some years) and a boat of women aged around 20-30 from a club who are reknowned for having won Kingston head for the past three years. One of the girls in our boat had a chest infection and started having difficulty breathing half way through, we were using terrible blades causing us all to slice our hands to ribbons and get cramp. But at least we only got taken over by one boat (the school boat) and managed to complete the race.
Oh, and those people talking about wearing lycra in bizarre places, because we were in an epic rush today after the race as the guy driving us to the station was racing in the next division and the actual changing rooms were jam packed and had to queue for at least 10 minutes, we had to wear our lycra home. Got some stares on the underground in my onesie.
Reply 191
Jessaay!
Oh, and those people talking about wearing lycra in bizarre places, because we were in an epic rush today after the race as the guy driving us to the station was racing in the next division and the actual changing rooms were jam packed and had to queue for at least 10 minutes, we had to wear our lycra home. Got some stares on the underground in my onesie.

Surely you had like a tshirt and jogging pants to put over it?!?!?

I just drove back to Newcaslte from Chester with my one piece on underneath, standard practice really :biggrin:

Not too sure how we did today. Was pleasant to see the Durham Uni boat that was catching up to us decide to take the scenic route into a nearby tree on the bank HA!!
dobbs

I just drove back to Newcaslte from Chester with my one piece on underneath, standard practice really :biggrin:

Not too sure how we did today. Was pleasant to see the Durham Uni boat that was catching up to us decide to take the scenic route into a nearby tree on the bank HA!!

I didn't, I didn'tthink of that as usually I'll just get changed :p:
Reply 193
Waheyyyyyyyyyyy rugby was amazing! :king1:

On another note, first boat finished 2nd at Chester and 2nd boat 10, so good and not good.
dobbs

Was that the top Durham boat.
We ended up rowing into a tree earlier when we were queuing at the start line because the boat in front was not paying attention to orders. Being at bow pair, I'm one of the ones with the scratches and bruises.
Reply 196
partoftheweekend
Was that the top Durham boat.

Nope it was their second boat I think. Definitely not their first crew, they were IM1 so started ahead of us.
2 more days! Good luck everyone
Reply 198
Indeed.

Leaving Newcastle at 11am today. Long drive down to London. Boating from Barn Elms, so put the boat together, quick paddle this evening, off to hotel etc.

Then paddle in the morning too, then something we've been training since September for!! And it'll all be over in 19minutes (give or take 30 seconds!) :smile:
Reply 199
It took my boat 23.23 to finish the race :colondollar:
I shall be there anyway, cheering for Manchester :h:

Quick Reply

Latest