The Student Room Group

Rowing Chat

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
partoftheweekend
Next stop boat club presidency

Nah, no way, it sounds like a nightmare. I have enough with being president and treasurer of two societies, being a captain just means organising outings, which I guess I can do :p:.
Im feeling happy today, its starting to feel like spring now in London. That means the crap half of the training year is over!! Hopefully itll stay like this from now on. Cant wait to get out on the water.
Reply 142
partoftheweekend
Im feeling happy today, its starting to feel like spring now in London. That means the crap half of the training year is over!! Hopefully itll stay like this from now on. Cant wait to get out on the water.

I felt exactly the same this morning!
It was really nice cycling in sunny Manchester with not a thousand layers on, for once!
Reply 143
Why does this have to be the week we are banned :nothing:.
Reply 144
Mithra
Why does this have to be the week we are banned :nothing:.

You've been naughty, you pay the price. Admittedly, it's harsh to ban everyone.
Mithra

Our college has been banned from rowing for a week because a double went out yesterday when the river was high and running really fast :facepalm:. Apparently they are going to be rowing the Atlantic though so you would think it was a good time for them to be out :p:.

i heard about this.

naughty HB.
Reply 146
Anatheme
Nah, no way, it sounds like a nightmare. I have enough with being president and treasurer of two societies, being a captain just means organising outings, which I guess I can do :p:.

How long have you been rowing?

Organising outings is probably the most difficult, soul destroying part of rowing if you ask me! I coach and the biggest annoyance is trying to sort out when people are available, set sessions, set crews, sort out subs if someone can't make it, rip my hair out when someone calls me saying they can't make it at the last minute, and so on!!

....but enjoy it :p:
Reply 147
dobbs

Organising outings is probably the most difficult, soul destroying part of rowing if you ask me! I coach and the biggest annoyance is trying to sort out when people are available, set sessions, set crews, sort out subs if someone can't make it, rip my hair out when someone calls me saying they can't make it at the last minute, and so on!!

I agree! I long for the days of 'turn up and row'...
Reply 148
dobbs

Started in September, haha. Call me crazy, but I actually like sorting out timetables and crap like that. I'd even go as far as to say I'm pretty damn good at being organised, haha. Hopefully all the girls will be motivated enough, and I have some ways of blackmailing them anyway. We have 9 girls and our lightweight outings are at times when everyone should be available (and if you go out the night before the 5:30am outing, well fudge you).
Horr draw out now. Anyone racing?
Reply 150
partoftheweekend
Horr draw out now. Anyone racing?

Indeed. In Tyne's 2nd crew.

Going off 151 after a finishing position of 146 last year.

Looking for top 120 this year :smile:
Reply 151
Horr:

1st VIII going off 88
2nd VIII going off 184
3rd VIII going off 271

WeHorr:

1st VIII going off 63
2nd VIII going off 171
3rd VIII going off 189
Weve got a bit of a funny situation with our 8's. Both have similar speed, but 1 is starting in the 20's and the other well over 200. Going to be a nightmare for the cox of the 2nd 8.
Reply 153
Wow, our Nov 8 are actually the only ones racing (ie no seniors), weird :nothing:. They are starting 205th
Mithra
Wow, our Nov 8 are actually the only ones racing (ie no seniors), weird :nothing:. They are starting 205th

They couldve just entered as a novice boat if noone has any points.
Reply 155
Maybe, but I'm fairly certain it is actually our 'novice' team rowing. :dontknow:
Reply 156
Jessaay!
x

Apparently the UoL will be training on the same (French) lake as us (Aiguebelette), will you be there? :teeth:
Anatheme
Apparently the UoL will be training on the same (French) lake as us (Aiguebelette), will you be there? :teeth:

Does your entire club go to training camp? Thats pretty cool if its the case
Reply 158
partoftheweekend
Does your entire club go to training camp? Thats pretty cool if its the case

They take around 40 novices (I think, I know they want 20 novice women), so that's 2 men and women boats and 4 subs for men and women, but regarding seniors, no idea.
Anatheme

Unfortunately not :frown: the UoL team (if that's what they are referring to) are the elite rowers of all the london universities. So literally the best of kings, ucl, ucl medical school, st georges etc... I'm a novice so not quite so elite. I've also injured my hip during the last race so I'm training but out of races until the bumps. Rowing on a french river sounds like heaven though :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest