The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
i can't stand my razor even being sligtly blunt, and it almost allways is.

Such is life!

I've used an electric one for a bit but i've decided the old fashioned way is probably better. I started with a razor and i think i'll go back to it.
Reply 41
shaving too often causes the itching.

shave once every 6 weeks like i do. saves all the hassle.
Reply 42
Adarah
they grow that fast? :eek: or do you mean ingrowing hairs? I thought that just happend when you used wax... uh... this may be a stupid question, but why don't you wax your face? I mean, I know girls who wax their eyebrows and around their mouth and such like... would of course be a much larger area, but you'd be rid of them for longer...

Wax my face? Are you serious ? Damn, I'd rather pull them out with tweesers one by one. Seriously I don't know how girls manage to wax their legs, let alone tearing of the eyebrows. Ok I have pulled out an occasional hair growing out of a mole or smth because they looked really weird, but waxing an entire patch of skin? As I said before I leave that kind of self-torture to the ladies.
Reply 43
technik
shaving too often causes the itching.

shave once every 6 weeks like i do. saves all the hassle.

That wokrs, problem is I really don't like teh way my beard looks, and it grows kinda uneven as well.
Reply 44
Can someone explain this to me as I've never really got it. How can the hairs on a girls leg, which are very fine and soft blunt a guys razor when he uses it to shave the harder and thickers whiskers?! I never understand it! Doesn't make any sense to me! :redface:
Reply 45
* gemchicken
Can someone explain this to me as I've never really got it. How can the hairs on a girls leg, which are very fine and soft blunt a guys razor when he uses it to shave the harder and thickers whiskers?! I never understand it! Doesn't make any sense to me! :redface:

That's what we've been saying. The boys refuse to listen to us!
Reply 46
i've always wondered, can guys use hair remover cream eg imac on their facial hair?
Ellie4
That's what we've been saying. The boys refuse to listen to us!

Haha - Yeah I always thought that girls' hair was less thick! Having said that, if a gf started using my razor to shave her legs, I wouldn't want to use the razor afterwards :wink:
Reply 48
Clarkey_Berlin
Haha - Yeah I always thought that girls' hair was less thick! Having said that, if a gf started using my razor to shave her legs, I wouldn't want to use the razor afterwards :wink:

That's fair enough really, but that'd be 'cos of the gorssness factor, not because we'd messed up the blades :p:
Reply 49
Ellie4
That's fair enough really, but that'd be 'cos of the gorssness factor, not because we'd messed up the blades :p:

i was gonna say that, but if ur bf loves u enough to :ahem: do certain things to certrain parts of ur body, i'd b suprised if he got freaked out by ur leg hair. ?
Reply 50
Waxing your face is really not an option. Do you not think that if it were possible people would already be doing it?

The soft skin would be terrible for ingrown hairs, you would get a red rash after you just waxed and it would itch like mad when it grew back. But mainly its because of the ingrown hairs that it's not done, they would be awful.
Reply 51
* gemchicken

Oh well seeing that everyone insist that leg hairs are so very thin compared to facial hair the only explanation I can think of is if you shave large areas when you shave your legs, or maybe its something else about the leg hairs that cause them to blunt the blades. Having said all this it does not take that many shaves to blunt a rasorblade, so it coudl off course just be that it is used far more often. Im still pretty sure that shaving your legs does indeed blunt the blade more than a normal face shave does.
Reply 52
* gemchicken

I'm guessing it might have something to do with about half of the front of a guys head being substantially smaller than your entire lower body.
Reply 53
calumc
I'm guessing it might have something to do with about half of the front of a guys head being substantially smaller than your entire lower body.

Well I doubt most girls shave the entire lower part of their body. I would think the most common thing is to shave the lower part of your leg.
Reply 54
Jonatan
Well I doubt most girls shave the entire lower part of their body. I would think the most common thing is to shave the lower part of your leg.

Yeah, I can't say my thighs or arse have ever required shaving!
Reply 55
i would recommend exfoliating because that stops it being so itchy not that i shave my face but it helps with my legs.

And i shave my thighs, but i suppose 8t just depends how dark your hair is
Reply 56
SammyD
Waxing your face is really not an option. Do you not think that if it were possible people would already be doing it?

The soft skin would be terrible for ingrown hairs, you would get a red rash after you just waxed and it would itch like mad when it grew back. But mainly its because of the ingrown hairs that it's not done, they would be awful.

People (men and women) get their moustaches waxed.....why's it any different :confused:
Reply 57
You need to grow a beard a few times before the itching goes away. It is very much a case of your body getting used to the feeling. Even after the first few you still occasionally get the dreaded 4-day itch period in beard growth. But after all the practice, you'll be set for life!
Reply 58
Jonatan

It was an intentional exaggeration. In terms of surface area it's still a damn sight more than a bit of your face, unless you're a total midget.
use the gillette mach 3. its pretty good. Else get the electric shaver!

Latest

Trending

Trending