The Student Room Group

need some info on ucas

hey guys firstly is it too late to apply for uni starting in sept 10/11

basically i have dropped out of uni because i dont enjoy it anymore but i want to go to another uni. i applied on ucas 2 years ago and want to do it again now so i can go to a new university but when i log into my ucas now it just says "The application cycle during which you applied has now closed." do i need to make a brand new ucas acount and start all over again? any info would be awesome thanks guys :smile:
Reply 1
I would assume that you need to create a brand new UCAS account because your old one thinks you're at uni and have no unfinished business with it.

It's quite late to be applying now as the main deadline has closed but there is UCAS extra which opens in a few weeks. However, I do no know if you can apply through it or if it is just for people who have already applied and have received no offers.

So there's possibly a way in - but you should ring UCAS up to see what the case is. Because also you'd need to get references and everything.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
Hurley001
hey guys firstly is it too late to apply for uni starting in sept 10/11

basically i have dropped out of uni because i dont enjoy it anymore but i want to go to another uni. i applied on ucas 2 years ago and want to do it again now so i can go to a new university but when i log into my ucas now it just says "The application cycle during which you applied has now closed." do i need to make a brand new ucas acount and start all over again? any info would be awesome thanks guys :smile:

You can still apply now, however because it is past the deadline, the univeristies do not have to consider you. If you are eligable for Extra, you can apply from the 25th of Feb. If yo uapply after the 1st of July, you will go into clearing. All the information is on the UCAS website.

''Consideration of late applications is at the universities' and colleges' discretion. Students who apply late should explain any reasons for the delay in the personal statement section of the application.

Any applications received on or after the 1 July 2010 will enter Clearing.''
Reply 3
To be eligible for Extra, you need to have applied to 5 places and received all rejections, or to decline any offers you do get. This does not apply to late applicants.

Latest

Trending

Trending