The Student Room Group
I have moved your thread to the applications and UCAS forum.

IIRC you can decline your firm (if you've met the grades) but in order for you to attend another course they have to release you, and that is not a certainty.
Reply 2
EierVonSatan
I have moved your thread to the applications and UCAS forum.

IIRC you can decline your firm (if you've met the grades) but in order for you to attend another course they have to release you, and that is not a certainty.

So basically, I have to 'ask' them if I can reject them...

Thanks for your help :smile:

and sorry about the wrong section incident.
Reply 3
ILoveRona
If I meet my offer for my Firm choice, am I obliged to take it?

Even if I change my mind afterwards?
You can decline your place without any problem if you don't want to go to university at all in 2010.

If you did want to go to uni in 2010 you would have to get your Firm to release you, which they generally don't do quickly. When they do release you, it will be into Clearing, not to your insurance. Your insurance can take you, but only as a Clearing applicant, so you would need to be sure that they are prepared to do this. Last year Clearing was extremely tight and is expected to be so again this year, so this is a high risk and stressful approach and one to be avoided if possible. Far better to read Firm and insurance choices and make the right choice in the first place :smile:

Latest