The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
I'm not sure what is the usual but I'd expect if you want to make the most of your experience and get involved in Uni life especially socially its probably best to go for Uni accomodation as it will mean you meet the most amount of people etc.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Student halls
Reply 3
I think I'll go for halls either way its just deciding whether to apply for accommodation for the start of the foundation year or in the first year of my degree. The way my course works is that I have a foundation year and then start my uni course as normal. Is it possible to go for uni accommodation for two years?
Reply 4
ArjunT
I think I'll go for halls either way its just deciding whether to apply for accommodation for the start of the foundation year or in the first year of my degree. The way my course works is that I have a foundation year and then start my uni course as normal. Is it possible to go for uni accommodation for two years?

I think they're encouraging people to do this, yes (because they just built lots more rooms and there's a cap on new admissions)
ArjunT

Yeah thats encouraged. You could spend second year living with friends you made in your foundation year, or go through the experience again if you wanted to!
Hi I will also be doing a foundation year as well was just wondering if anyone knew what the course is like? Thanks
Reply 7
unfortunately i didnt make it, Im going to hull to do computer science.
ArjunT
unfortunately i didnt make it, Im going to hull to do computer science.

U didn't make it through the foundation year? is it that hard? clarify or I will be worried until i get there thanks
Reply 9
nathaniel wheatley
U didn't make it through the foundation year? is it that hard? clarify or I will be worried until i get there thanks

nooo I mean I applied for it originally but I ended up firming Newcastle and having my Insurance as Hull. I got into Hull university and Im starting in September.
O Good, You had me worried there lol. Thanks for the reply and good luck at Hull.

Latest

Trending

Trending