The Student Room Group

Stressed - should I drop a subject now?

I'm doing 4 difficult a levels (or 3 difficult and psychology is more medium I think) and extended project and feeling really stressed and overwhelmed. I think I should maybe drop EPQ, I've done the research and started the log book and been to the 1-2 lessons a week since september but we don't do anything in them, I don't want to have to organise the research, write the report, I don't have enough time, I don't want to do a presentation I'm too shy and too busy with the French oral, I'm not interested in the topic they wouldn't let me do one about what I wanted to so I had to change it, it might lower my other grades spending time on it coz I really want to improve in the other subjects and get As, I don't think EPQ makes a difference with uni applications especially with good unis I don't think they take the points, I wouldn't talk about it in an interview it's rubbish and boring.
I was going to put this in the ultimate epq thread but they'll be a bit biased and say yeahh epq's amazing. (sorry if this isn't allowed)
Do you think dropping it is a good idea? How can I get my school to let me drop it, would I have to pay for the entry or something or do general studies instead?
Reply 1
I could literally have written this myself, I'm in the same position as you. I'm struggling through, I did try to drop EPQ but was not allowed. If they'll let you drop your EPQ then do it.

Also in the Ultimate EPQ thread we're not biased towards it, a lot of the posts are moaning about how badly it's going! :p:
Should I drop it even if that means they'll make me do general studies instead? I'd hate that because that's even more useless and I hate exams that's why I chose EPQ :/.
Oh :smile: i'll put it in the EPQ thread then..

Latest