The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by L17rmy
Everyone on here that says they don't work are idiots !! fACT!!

It's no different to having an ecu chipped..!! They create more air and fuel mixture hence more bhp and torque!!

So companies like jabbasport , tdi tuning who sell and HAVE DONE power runs proving there claims are all full off bull then????

Lets not forget a remap is exactly the same in essense as a tuning box only it's done via ecu instead telling the car more air and fuel is going in !! It's the same only more complex...

And before anyone decides to discredit what am sayin only true way of getting more fuel in is bigger injectors..

Only way of getting more air in is an induction kit or better bigger inlet hose/pipe allowing more air in... These are basic factors no wonder this is called the "student room"

Air intake mods generally do nothing. The factory intake is fine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAIxeQUSg-Q

Better off de-restricting the exhaust.
this is true, i have a citreon c8 2'0hdi. i fitted a box ,60,000 miles ago,and was really pleased,with
not having sluggish acceleration,any more,it needs less gear changes on winding/hilly roads,
and the car computer reads an average 2 to 3 miles a gallon better of,thats using standard
pump diesel.
i have not adjusted the box, i have left it at factory settings,really pleased with it (80 quid)
Hi I bought a tuning box from chip express what a difference it made I've had it on my car for three years and still excellent audi a3 diesel
Original post by Aaron1989aaron
Hi I bought a tuning box from chip express what a difference it made I've had it on my car for three years and still excellent audi a3 diesel

A 10 year old thread....

Latest