The Student Room Group

BIG boo boo on ucas app

Hi,

Long time lurker, first time poster, with a (hopefully not) unique problem.

I'm currently in employment, but feel I'm not really doing what I want in life- as I have always had an interest in Quantity Surveying/construction management. Feeling this way, I decided to apply recently through UCAS for a spot on a course at university, studying quantity surveying.

I have good A-levels and GCSE's, and more than enough points to qualify for the course, however, whilst filling in my application I believe I decided to skip the qualifications section, and continue on with my application due to not having my EXACT grades present. Anyway, days/weeks went by as I was complining all the information and statements needed to complete the application, and I must have forgot to fill in the qualifications section. By the time I get to the Pay/Send option, I decide to Pay for everything, or atleast list my bank details in preperation for payment, before reviewing my entire application (however, the bar on the side of the webpage that shows if you have or have not completed a section had listed all green ticks for the required fields, so I assumed it was all okay). The payment option came up, I selected my details and clicked next.

"Congratulations. Your UCAS app has been sent off" .....:eek:

I quickly print my application, PRAYING everything was okay- but....under education it states:

"Warning- you have not listed any qualifications"

I...literally almost had a heart attack. I sent this off accidentally on Saturday just gone (13th feb 2010) and did not get ANY sleep last night because of it. I haven't been able to contact UCAS and tell them how rediculously STUPID I have been, as they are only open during office hours (Mon-Fri).

Is there ANY way that I can have that tab edited to reflect my actual grades? If not, is it possible to have the application cancelled (kind of like a 14 day returns policy) and re-do the application?

Im currently 23 (so a mature student), and have applied independently, so I believe my app will have been sent directly to UCAS??

Any help on this would be much appreciated- I will ring them 2mo first thing, thats a given, but I was hoping for some advice prior to then (just so I can get some sleep tonight!!!)

Thanks!
Reply 1
Just give them a call first thing monday morning, I think you have a 14-day period where changes can be made but don't quote me on that!
Reply 2
It should be fine as long as you ring, my friend made a mistake on hers and missed out her alevels and rung up, it was all sorted!
Surveyor
Hi,

Long time lurker, first time poster, with a (hopefully not) unique problem.

I'm currently in employment, but feel I'm not really doing what I want in life- as I have always had an interest in Quantity Surveying/construction management. Feeling this way, I decided to apply recently through UCAS for a spot on a course at university, studying quantity surveying.

I have good A-levels and GCSE's, and more than enough points to qualify for the course, however, whilst filling in my application I believe I decided to skip the qualifications section, and continue on with my application due to not having my EXACT grades present. Anyway, days/weeks went by as I was complining all the information and statements needed to complete the application, and I must have forgot to fill in the qualifications section. By the time I get to the Pay/Send option, I decide to Pay for everything, or atleast list my bank details in preperation for payment, before reviewing my entire application (however, the bar on the side of the webpage that shows if you have or have not completed a section had listed all green ticks for the required fields, so I assumed it was all okay). The payment option came up, I selected my details and clicked next.

"Congratulations. Your UCAS app has been sent off" .....:eek:

I quickly print my application, PRAYING everything was okay- but....under education it states:

"Warning- you have not listed any qualifications"

I...literally almost had a heart attack. I sent this off accidentally on Saturday just gone (13th feb 2010) and did not get ANY sleep last night because of it. I haven't been able to contact UCAS and tell them how rediculously STUPID I have been, as they are only open during office hours (Mon-Fri).

Is there ANY way that I can have that tab edited to reflect my actual grades? If not, is it possible to have the application cancelled (kind of like a 14 day returns policy) and re-do the application?

Im currently 23 (so a mature student), and have applied independently, so I believe my app will have been sent directly to UCAS??

Any help on this would be much appreciated- I will ring them 2mo first thing, thats a given, but I was hoping for some advice prior to then (just so I can get some sleep tonight!!!)

Thanks!

You could always email the Universities with your qualifications if you don't want to go through the whole process again? I think that's allowed. I emailed one uni with extra details because it was something I couldn't write on the UCAS application, but was relevant for that particular University to know.

Also, if you're applying for an undergraduate course you may not be aware that your application may not be considered equally to other applications, as it is way past the deadline (by nearly a month). If you haven't already I would ring up the Universities you have applied to and check that they still have places and that they will consider your application. If they say it is unlikely you still have 14 days to change your University choices, so I'd ring around if I was you to be on the safe side! Hope everything works out well for you :smile:
Reply 4
Hey, thanks guys! Really appreciate the feadback (might actually get some sleep now!!! lol)

I know it's a gamble, moomin, but I really REEEEEALLY want to go uni this year, and for that specific course- I don't mind being rejected and even losing the £17/19/however much the app is, so long as I've tried to get in- that way I will have appeased my conscience forever more, and can go through clearing/extra anyway.

I just don't want to ring through, tell them my problem, and have them say:

"Sorry...we will have to send your app off with NO qualifications (even though I have them) and hope for the best"

I will actually go berserk and re-define The Incredicble Hulk!!!!
Reply 5
hey, i messed up on my UCAS application, i emailed and phoned all of the university's, and i phoned and emailed UCAS. UCAS were able to change the info on my application even after the first 14 days when your supposed to make changes if you need to. My friend also made the same mistake u did and the university's actually rang her up asking where her qualifications were. So as long as you can get through to ucas, i think u should be ok :smile: xx
Reply 6
I thought the UCAS deadline had passed?
Reply 7
Surveyor
Hey, thanks guys! Really appreciate the feadback (might actually get some sleep now!!! lol)

I know it's a gamble, moomin, but I really REEEEEALLY want to go uni this year, and for that specific course- I don't mind being rejected and even losing the £17/19/however much the app is, so long as I've tried to get in- that way I will have appeased my conscience forever more, and can go through clearing/extra anyway.

"Sorry...we will have to send your app off with NO qualifications (even though I have them) and hope for the best"

This won't happen, people make mistakes on UCAS all the time :smile: even if you are unable to sort it out with UCAS as others have mentioned you can still contact the universities individually, contact details can be found here:

http://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/choosingcourses/choosinguni/instguide/

So hopefully there'll be no incredible hulk moments/sleep deprivation :giggle:
Reply 8
Surveyor

Just contact UCAS today and they will sort it out for you. If all else fails, I think you can withdraw this application and start again as long as you do it very quickly. Just get in touch with the Help Desk and they will advise. You aren't the first and you won't be the last to have this problem :smile:

PS - given that this is a late application, I take it you have checked with all your choices that they will consider you??? Just a thought :smile:
Reply 9
Hey guys,

I finally slept last night lol!

I rang up this morning, told them my situation, and they were really really helpful- resolving the issue within 5 minutes of making the call.
I'm basically having my app cancelled so I can re-do it now, but basically the arduous stuff, such as the PS and referee section has already been filled just need to copy/paste it! :woo:

I have rang the universities regarding my late app, and they are fine with it- the complete deadline, before clearing is the last option, is 30th June. My course isn't exactly "one of the populars" so luckily, I shouldn't have a problem with course places (all the uni's I have contacted have spaces left).

Thanks all! Saved me from a nervous breakdown....or at the worst....a bulging green meltdown (reference the incredible hulk) :biggrin:
Reply 10
Surveyor
Hey guys,

I finally slept last night lol!

I rang up this morning, told them my situation, and they were really really helpful- resolving the issue within 5 minutes of making the call.
I'm basically having my app cancelled so I can re-do it now, but basically the arduous stuff, such as the PS and referee section has already been filled just need to copy/paste it!

I have rang the universities regarding my late app, and they are fine with it- the complete deadline, before clearing is the last option, is 30th June. My course isn't exactly "one of the populars" so luckily, I shouldn't have a problem with course places (all the uni's I have contacted have spaces left).

Thanks all! Saved me from a nervous breakdown....or at the worst....a bulging green meltdown (reference the incredible hulk) :biggrin:
Good news - glad it got sorted out easily :smile:
Reply 11
They will most likely ask you to email them, so that they can attch your email to your application. No worries!

Latest

Trending

Trending