The Student Room Group

Looking to Architecture at university are these the right A Level choices

I have chosen to do the folloiwng subjects at six form:
Maths with Mechanics
Further Maths
Physics
Product Design
Computing - I will be doing the whole course in year 12 as im really good with computers
General Studies - Compolsary unless doing Further Maths but you can still do the course anyway so I might just do it for the sake of an extra a level as it is all done in year 12.

So if I wanted to go to one of the top uni's for architecture do you think both maths, physics and product design are the right a levels? Although im still unsure on if I should drop physics or further maths at the end of AS, as only a few people at our six form are allowed to do 4 for A2.

Also I cannot do art due to not doing it at GCSE as I can draw very well it's just that I cannot paint and shade with pastels etc. So I will be preparing a book of drawings to show to uni's.
Reply 1
You should really be looking at the architecture and the built environment forum... http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=256
all those will be fine, but if you're aiming for the top unis u'll need to be aiming for AAA to AAB so only do that many A levels if you think you can maintain you're grades whilst doing it. also, there's no such thing as not being able to paint and shade, you just need to learn. if you want to do a non arty course like bath then thats fine, but if you want to go to one of the artier ones (and there's more to choose from if you do) then you need to get over your problems with art, unis wont care about lack of experience but they will care about you not being willing to try new things with drawing etc. one other thing is, almost all unis will tell you that you don't need General Studies and they won't count it as an A level no matter how well you do in it.

Latest