The Student Room Group

Southampton or Birmingham as insurance?

I plan on firming my offer from Nottingham to study straight economics.
However I'm unsure as to what university i would be better off putting down as my insurance.

Having looked at ranking tables (I know they are not the most trustworthy of sources) both uni's are held in pretty similar regards.

So i was just wondering if anyone could help me answer a few questions to help me decide:

1. Which uni statistically speaking gets more undergrads onto finance grad schemes?
2. Which uni is likely to be more lenient in the case i don't make the offer?
3. Any other reasons/ points i should take into account when making that decision

Thanks for the help
Reply 1
I would choose Birmingham over Southampton for the course, the uni and the city :yes:

Have u checked the unistat yet? It would probably tell you about the job prospect of both unis.
i would choose Southampton personally, but to be honest i dont theres that much between them, well not enough to warrant picking one over the other without actually visiting them.
Reply 3
vads92
I plan on firming my offer from Nottingham to study straight economics.
However I'm unsure as to what university i would be better off putting down as my insurance.

Having looked at ranking tables (I know they are not the most trustworthy of sources) both uni's are held in pretty similar regards.

So i was just wondering if anyone could help me answer a few questions to help me decide:

1. Which uni statistically speaking gets more undergrads onto finance grad schemes?
2. Which uni is likely to be more lenient in the case i don't make the offer?
3. Any other reasons/ points i should take into account when making that decision

Thanks for the help

1)Look at unistats.com: it has what jobs economics graduates get from each uni.
2)Hard to tell: it depends on who has misjudged the demand the offer acceptance rate.
3)As other posters have said visiting is critical: uni selection has to be a personal decision.

Latest

Trending

Trending