The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
To support physical violence against anyone, regardless of whether they are a prisoner, and regardless of whether they are convicted of a hideous crime, is barbaric. It is completely backward to be pleased that this attack has happened. Anyone who thinks so can be proud that they have a sense of justice and decency equal to that of the prison inmates, and are using a version of morality that has been out-dated since before the first millennium. The most distressing thing about crimes such as the horrible death of Baby P is the reaction they provoke in a supposedly civilised society. Fortunately, these reactions tend to limited to the sort of reactionary armchair moralist who comments on the Daily Mail website, and as such is unlikely to do anything else other than move on to tut and shake their head over Cheryl Cole's latest interview in their happy little glow of moral indignation.
Reply 61
Rubgish
I would definitely feel resentment towards you, but would I physically harm you? No I would not. I can accept that you are screwed up in the head and that from a logical point of view you aren't really responsible for the death of my son. Sure emotionally i'll be totally pissed at you, and thats putting it lightly, but I would try my utmost not to physically harm you.

You, Sir, are an utter idiot. He's also been convicted of RAPING A TWO YEAR OLD GIRL!!

He deserves whole lot more.
Rubgish
I would definitely feel resentment towards you, but would I physically harm you? No I would not. I can accept that you are screwed up in the head and that from a logical point of view you aren't really responsible for the death of my son. Sure emotionally i'll be totally pissed at you, and thats putting it lightly, but I would try my utmost not to physically harm you.

I think there may be something wrong with you. If I had a child, son or daughter, and someone harmed them, I couldn't be held responsible for any action I took against them.
Reply 63
MSB
To support physical violence against anyone, regardless of whether they are a prisoner, and regardless of whether they are convicted of a hideous crime, is barbaric. It is completely backward to be pleased that this attack has happened. Anyone who thinks so can be proud that they have a sense of justice and decency equal to that of the prison inmates. The most distressing thing about crimes such as the horrible death of Baby P is the reaction they provoke in a supposedly civilised society. Fortunately, these reactions tend to limited to the sort of reactionary armchair moralist who comments on the Daily Mail website, and as such is unlikely to do anything else other than move on to tut and shake their head over Cheryl Cole's latest interview in their happy little glow of moral indignation.

I wonder if people realise what this bloke actually did.
Reply 64
Rubgish
Have I said this? No I have not. I've said I'm not happy with his short jail sentence, but neither am I happy with him being physically attacked.

Tell me, with Karma does it only apply to humans or does it apply to animals as well, say if I tortured kittens for fun, would it be justified for boiling water to be thrown at me?

Boiling water for kittens? Maybe not, but I'd still kick the crap out of you for it.

He's a rapist and a murderer... He deserves everything. :mad:
Reply 65
Wardy23
Yes.

Tell me, would you be willing to do it to him, to poke out his eyes with burning hot pokers and hear his screams as you do it? Would you be willing to throw him back into a cold dark pit as he begs you for mercy, blind and broken on the floor in front of you?

If you truely think you could do this, I feel sorry for you.

Broderss
No, because their justification for the violence in this case is from a sick 'human' who has no place in this society. Therefore it is justifiable. If it were violence to a completely innocent, decent human or to someone for racial or other discriminatory reasons, then there is cause for concern. However because it can be justified (to an extent) it's not so bad. It shows there is at least a line being drawn between right and wrong, which is good for a productive society.

Is violence the answer? Does violence stop him doing this again? No it doesn't, it doesn't help anyone apart from giving other people the same sick pleasure he got when he hurt baby p. You can't justify it when it doesn't achieve anything.
Rubgish

Because commiting an action like this isn't normal. In no way am I suggesting we let people off of reduce the prison sentences, I am in favour of longer prison sentences and strict rehabilitation programs to try and 'fix' people who have been screwed up mentally for once reason or another.

Why is it completely inconceivable that he is actually a mentally sound ****?
Wakefield is a prison which has a large number of sex offenders of varying severity. It also has prisoners who are extremely violent , and has a special unit in the bowels of the prisons called the cages for the most violent. Including Charles Bronson and Robert Maudesely ( the guy who was transferred back to prison from Broadmoor for raping and eating another patients brain, he was too dangerous even for Broadmoor).

It's safe to say then that it is almost certain that the Prisoner who did this may well have committed a very terrible crime ,indeed even a sexual one. The fact is Baby P's stepfather is about the lowest on the food chain in prison. Even serial rapists are higher up than a child rapist and killer. This prisoner might be a sex case himself, and doing this will buy him some respect,or some con with contacts have put a contract out on baby p's stepfather. In that whoever does him gets paid.

Don't think for a second, this prisoner is some kind of hero. What should have happened in a civilised society (which Britain isn't), is peters step father and his mother and paedo lodger would have been sentenced to death. Ms shoe smith, should have been jailed ,the foreign doctor who no doubt got her degree from bongo bongo land would have been jailed as well as the social workers responsible for Peter.

I am pleased that the scum in wakefield are turning on each other and hopefully they kill this vermin. But really we should not have to depend on another perhaps slightly less awful person to remove him from the planet.
Reply 68
Rubgish
Tell me, would you be willing to do it to him, to poke out his eyes with burning hot pokers and hear his screams as you do it? Would you be willing to throw him back into a cold dark pit as he begs you for mercy, blind and broken on the floor in front of you?

Is violence the answer? Does violence stop him doing this again? No it doesn't, it doesn't help anyone apart from giving other people the same sick pleasure he got when he hurt baby p. You can't justify it when it doesn't achieve anything.

Violence does stop him doing it agin, why? Because when everyone's kicked the crap out of him, just like he did to baby P, then he might think twice about attempting something like it agian, and believe me i'm sure a few people would be willing to kick the crap out of him.
Reply 69
Rubgish

I'd jump at the chance. He is the worst kind of person imaginable. The thought that someone can be evil enough to do what he did to a baby makes my blood boil. People need to come down off their high ******* horses. Pacifism doesn't always work.
Rubgish

Yes it perhaps will stop him,if they do a proper job and kill him. Which will mean he cannot harm single other child again. I am not in favour of vigliante action anyway, the state should have hung him as well Peters mother and the paedo lodger.

Fact is if hanging was brought back, there would be people who would have the qualities needed to be hangmen. We had them in the past,we could have them again.
Reply 71
I agree with you OP, I really do not agree with the eye for an eye philosophy. People taking such delight in hurting someone is ****** up, its no better than what the person did in the first place.
Reply 72
It's justified.

Anyone who breaks their child's back and allows part of their thumb along with countless of other injuries is lowest of the low and having boiling hot water is the very least that that person deserves.

Call me what you like, but someone who treats their own child in such a way deserves absolutely no dignity at all. He has taken that little boy's life away, and this monster will be out allowed to roam around and enjoy the rest of his life. And to make matters worse, tax payers have to fork out to protect him!!! Disgraceful. Sort the NHS and the education sector out, not helping out this scum..

Enough said now I think. Just makes my blood boil.
I don't support this, his punishment is the time in jail and the violence is unfair.
Reply 74
Black Mammoth
I think there may be something wrong with you. If I had a child, son or daughter, and someone harmed them, I couldn't be held responsible for any action I took against them.

I hardly think there is anything wrong with, I don't believe that violence is the way forward. That is a entirely rational thing to do, when has violence ever helped? I understand you would feel upset and would want to commit violence to the person who did it, but you must overcome that to make yourself a better person. Tell me, how do you think the family of the person who killed your child would feel if you killed him in return?

And you can and would be held responsible for your actions. You have a choice just like he does. If an unfortunate event like this does ever happen to you, I sincerly hope you will use that choice and choose non-violent methods.
Reply 75
Rubgish
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1250715/Baby-Ps-stepfather-scalded-napalm-attack.html

I just saw this on a facebook group my friend had joined - "The prisioner that chucked boiling water in baby p's stepdads face :gthumb: "

This group has now got 65000 fans in under two days, does this worry anyone else that so many people think violence is justified towards criminals? I know the man is horrible but how can people think its right to throw boiling water at someones face? I just don't understand it.

Further on the article itself, looking at comments made and the ratings on them, the worst rated comment (-2155 thumbs) was

and the best rated (+1854) was

Does it worry you that so many people think violence is justified and that they can't see how wanting this man to suffer pain is almost as bad as him inflicting pain on others?

The guy killed an innocent baby. He pretty much threw away any rights when he did that. If he had no regard for an innocent childs life, why should we regard his?

kamc
I agree with you OP, I really do not agree with the eye for an eye philosophy. People taking such delight in hurting someone is ****** up, its no better than what the person did in the first place.

But it isn't a eye for an eye. He's alive and breathing.

Baby P isn't.
That's what the ****** prick gets.
Reply 77
What was the person who did it in for???
Reply 78
sandeep90
I don't support this, his punishment is the time in jail and the violence is unfair.

You must be either unaware of the nature of the crimes he committed or mentally unstable. Unfair? If baby P was your child would you think a short prison sentence was fair?
Reply 79
Rubgish
I hardly think there is anything wrong with, I don't believe that violence is the way forward. That is a entirely rational thing to do, when has violence ever helped? I understand you would feel upset and would want to commit violence to the person who did it, but you must overcome that to make yourself a better person. Tell me, how do you think the family of the person who killed your child would feel if you killed him in return?

And you can and would be held responsible for your actions. You have a choice just like he does. If an unfortunate event like this does ever happen to you, I sincerly hope you will use that choice and choose non-violent methods.

World War 2

Latest

Trending

Trending