The Student Room Group

Gap Year "Calendar"

Hi all,

I got an unconditional offer for Aberdeen University's English and Film & Visual Culture course last year, but deffered my entry for September this year.

If I'm honest, I haven't given it a second thought since August and now I'm in a bit of a tizzy wondering if I was supposed to do something other than accept that I wanted to go. :eek3:

Just wondered if anyone could give a bit of a general breakdown for this looong run up to Uni? I plan to apply for SAAS pretty soon and accomodation is.... Well it's being thought about.

Asides from that and turning up on the day the course starts, is there anything I should be doing? Like re-emailing the Uni saying "Yeah, I'm still going you know!"

Thanks for reading ^^

-Sybs
Reply 1
You should be sent the relevant information at the same time as this year's intake, OP. You'll probably receive your welcome pack sometime after results day and, I assume, will have to apply for accommodation sometime in the summer. Otherwise no, you shouldn't really expect to have heard from the university just yet. :smile:
Reply 2
Hi Mr Deeds,

Thanks for replying ^^

It was just a little bit of panic set in when I was trying to apply for accomodation online and it asked for a "portal number". I'm sure it was on the confirmation letter that I got last year, but god knows where it is now :s-smilie:

Though, at the Uni open day, they said the paper forms would be sent out in April. So no panic there!

Thanks a bunch for replying once again ^^

Latest

Trending

Trending