The Student Room Group
Becka132
I've got an interview tomorrow at Sunderland University for Photography, Film and Digital Imaging, and I'm so nervous :frown: What kind of things will they ask me? I'm feeling so shaky and under prepared for this, I've only ever had 2 job interviews so not got much experience. Anyone got any words of wisdom, or experience they can share?
Thanks.
They could ask anything from a wide variety of things, but make sure in your head you can talk about why you've applied for that course, why you've applied to Sunderland, a favourite artist/photographer/film maker, maybe a recent exhibition or film you've seen, talk clearly about the ideas and development behind your final pieces (use your sketchbooks to help to indicate this). Maybe they will critique your work and see how you respond. Maybe they'll ask about your future ambitions and what you aim to do with your work. They could ask some of this or only a tiny bit, it's hard to know what they can ask as I've never been to the actual place. They may ask something random like to do with the news. If you've been to an open day they may have mentioned something they ask regularly, who knows.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll do great. :smile:
Reply 2
BuryMeInBlack
They could ask anything from a wide variety of things, but make sure in your head you can talk about why you've applied for that course, why you've applied to Sunderland, a favourite artist/photographer/film maker, maybe a recent exhibition or film you've seen, talk clearly about the ideas and development behind your final pieces (use your sketchbooks to help to indicate this). Maybe they will critique your work and see how you respond. Maybe they'll ask about your future ambitions and what you aim to do with your work. They could ask some of this or only a tiny bit, it's hard to know what they can ask as I've never been to the actual place. They may ask something random like to do with the news. If you've been to an open day they may have mentioned something they ask regularly, who knows.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll do great. :smile:

Thank you :smile: I think I'll just sit and go over a few possible questions tonight, obviously can't cover everything. My only major problem may be I don't have any sketch books :-/ I don't work from them, and in all honesty wouldn't know how to relate a sketch book to my photography. Oh well, too late to do anything about that now, only time will tell what will happen tomorrow.
I see you've got an interview coming up soon too, so good luck for that!

Latest