The Student Room Group

Russians

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lana-90
Ya iz Samari i uzhe v Manchestere :smile:

Привет!!! Приятно познакомится!:wink:
Tut kto zhivoi???
Kak idut kanikuli? Kto zakonchil A-Level v etom godu???
Podal v UCL, Edinburgh, LSE i Exeter!
Reply 942
Hello, everybody!
I need your advice:
I'm going to apply for MArch, could anybody look through my motivation letter/portfolio, give me advice or, may be, just share your experience with me. I'd appreciate any help. Thank you.
Reply 943
привет всем)
Original post by Kondar
Hmm, difficult to explain, mostly the attitudes of the people. For instance, if you were to lock up a bunch of people of different nationalities in the same room (assuming everyone could communicate) the Russian and the American would probably hit it off.

Both Russians and Americas were somewhat nationlistic, both had pride for their countries, but both could easily list countless faults. Both generally distrust political leaders. Both into sports such as football and basketball, both into drinking and having fun. Both Russian and American traditional culture (such as movies, music, etc.. ) are pretty similiar. Both consider their country to be a world leader and although Russia has slipped a bit, both realize the importance their countries have played in a global sense.

In China, Chinese people are .. pretty much all brainwashed. They refuse to admit that China has even a single fault. They refer to the Tianamen Massacre as a 'sweeping victory against the counter revolutionaries' they want to anhialate Taiwan, they think everyone is plotting against China. Chinese people are very racist- they are completely open about it. They talk about how they hate Japan, and how they hate Taiwan, and how they cant possibly understand why Tibetans ressent them, seeing as thier lives are so much better now that China conquered them. They are into ping pong and badmitton, they mostly dont drink, they are completely obssesive about 'losing face' (looking bad). They are relativley shy and dont open up too much.

Ive travelled to and spent a decent amount of time in dozens of countries and I honestly feel that Americans and Russians are very very similair.

Does this help at all? By the way, I actually liked China a lot and made many good friends there, dont want to appear that I was going off on them. But what I said is true. The sad thing is that it is almost universal for people who actually live in China and have not had a chance to make it out.

中国と南朝鲜と北朝鲜 彼らは确かに日本を嫌っている!  私たちは、二度と过去の过ちを缲り返さないよう、诚心诚意彼らに头を下げ、军国主义教育を弃てなければならない!中国人个人レベルでは素直で优しい人多いよ。でたしかに日本のアニメ?ドラマは大学生まですごい人気がある。大学生は信じられないくらい勉强热心だし、大体の人は政治に関心が高くて実を言うと日本のことを教养がある国だと谁でも言ってる。ただ反日煽るような报道も多いし环境问题とか真実を隠してる部分があるのは事実。

medias are so misleading.China,North Korea and South Korea are really hate Japan.Tbh,most Chinese are kindhearted and progressive.They are Concerned about current politics,irresponsible reports mislead them.
ПриветиК!
Reply 946
Original post by ECONMATHSMATHSMATH
Тут по русски кто нибудь шпарить? Если да, то прятно познакомится! Говорю на русском уже 5 лет. Как дела девченки?

ну и никнейм у тебя)
Да, тут менять как нить можно?
Reply 948
Да, тут менять как нить можно?

не думаю, но можеш попросить админов.
Ок, а ты из какого города?
Как результаты? Или ты не делала A level?
Reply 950
Ок, а ты из какого города?
Как результаты? Или ты не делала A level?

я уже в универстете, на 2ой курс перешла) А 2 года назад сдала)

а ты?
Тока поступлю в этом году!
Reply 952
Тока поступлю в этом году!

куда хочеш? как сдал? надеюсь все ок
Reply 953
парень пропал куда то :biggrin:
A in AS Russian. Tbf I did the exam in 45 mins, then they let me leave early. Was waaay too easy.
Reply 955
Original post by nevergohalfpace
A in AS Russian. Tbf I did the exam in 45 mins, then they let me leave early. Was waaay too easy.

A2 is much more harder. My Russian friend got B from A2 writing. Which Exam Board it is?
Original post by lNurl
A2 is much more harder. My Russian friend got B from A2 writing. Which Exam Board it is?

edexcel i think..it was amazingly easy though. i do spend a month in russia every year.
Reply 957
edexcel i think..it was amazingly easy though. i do spend a month in russia every year.

mine was edexcel as well. i agree that AS is extremely easy, but i recommend that you do at least one past paper for A2. I did get A (i never been in Russia and it is not my mother tongue), but my Russian friend got B just because she though she doesn't need to do anything and and it's gonna be piece of cake for :rolleyes: .

I guess you Russian.
Original post by lNurl
mine was edexcel as well. i agree that AS is extremely easy, but i recommend that you do at least one past paper for A2. I did get A (i never been in Russia and it is not my mother tongue), but my Russian friend got B just because she though she doesn't need to do anything and and it's gonna be piece of cake for :rolleyes: .

I guess you Russian.

Half Russian, lived in England since the age of 5. Thanks for warning me mate, now gonna read a bit more Russian, do a bit more writing, Skype my Russian friends more. Want to get an A* though :P
Reply 959
Half Russian, lived in England since the age of 5. Thanks for warning me mate, now gonna read a bit more Russian, do a bit more writing, Skype my Russian friends more. Want to get an A* though :P

U will get an A*, my brother got A* >.< He didn't opened a book!!!! whereas I worked sooooo hard!! :biggrin:

Speaking, piece of cake, 100%, a bet u will speak better than examiner)) translation nice, but there were few words (I don't remember now) that i new in russian but i didn't know them in English :mad: soooo annoying... Don't worry, the main part of the A2 is the last question (essay writing), just practice a bit and u done :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest