The Student Room Group

NOMS Prison Service Graduate Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I wonder what time would be an acceptable time to call them?
Reply 21
hey guys,

Just thought i'd let you know that i got my email saying i had gotten through to the final recruitment stage at 12.30 today.

Goodluck!
Reply 22
Me too. I'm going on the 8th April. Good luck to everyone else.
I'm through to the finals. Whoop. Does anyone know anything about what the 3.5 hour exam is about? I can't find any info on it.
Reply 24
I don't think there is any information on it. Guess we'll find out when we get there. I'm sure I read somewhere that only 50 candidates get through to this final stage. Has anybody else heard that?
Reply 25
I've still not heard anything :s-smilie:

And yes, it's on the website I think, 50 down to 15.
Reply 26
Chin up Scribbles. Why don't you just call them. You've got nothing to lose and I think some other people have only recently found out (going off the facebook page). Good luck.
Reply 27
Ah, it's pretty unlikely I feel (looking at the facebook page!). Never mind; I have exams and assignments weighing me down now anyway, so at least I can get uni finished and apply again next time :smile:

Good luck everyone in your interviews :smile: !
x
Reply 28
I heard it was 50 through to this stage, but i cant remember where i read that. i looked to find the same info again but couldnt see it anywhere - maybe they changed their minds and let more people through?

I have my fingers crossed for you scribbles :-)
Reply 29
Did anyone receive the email about the assessment day. They keep building it up to be a really stressful 5 hours don't they? I'm quite looking forward to it.
Reply 30
Hi Just wondering if anyone out there has applied to this scheme for the 2012 intake?
Reply 31
Hi, yes I have as part of my general 'apply for every grad scheme under the sun' approach. Have you heard anything yet?
Reply 32
Hi, it's good to hear from someone1 I haven't been able to find any other forums about this scheme, have you?

All I've heard is that 'my application is under consideration' ...

I think we are meant to hear back Dec/Jan but the application deadline was quite a while ago so it seems to be taking ages. Have you heard anything else?
Reply 33
Hi to everyone else applying for the 2012 intake :smile:

I recieved an email yesterday to say I'd been accepted to the online tests stage. Hopefully you will hear soon too :smile:

*Lauwa*
Reply 34
Original post by HelenKw12
Hi, it's good to hear from someone1 I haven't been able to find any other forums about this scheme, have you?

I found this:
http://prisonofficer.org.uk/viewforum.php?f=25

Does anybody know what the actual starting pay is because a lot of the times it's just cleaver "advertising" to hook in people. Also those forums that I pasted above gave me conflicting answers (although i was skimming) like the idea of a starting salary of £14k?! surely that can't be for this grad scheme ? Has anyone worked out the average monthly pay?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 35
Original post by saladin

Hi Saladin,

I found the Scheme through the Milkround website which stated 16K starting salary.

It looks to me as if the link you posted is taking about the basic starting salary if you were to go into the service without the scheme. I could be wrong though.

*Lauwa*
Reply 36
Hey,

Has anyone heard anything back from their application yet? I've not as yet and I'm hoping that doesn't mean bad news!!! I've also seen that the starting salary for the NOMs grad scheme is 26k
Reply 37
I thought it was roughly 26 aswell...surely it can't be 14, is that for a prison officer?

I got an email this morning saying I'd passed the test and they were now considering my application but I wouldn't hear back until the first we in January, which seems like ages away!

Does anyone have any idea on the numbers that usually apply for this scheme? I have no clue!

Good Luck xx
Reply 38
Reply 39
Hello all!

I've also applied for this scheme. Just wondering if anyone else applied rather late in the day- do we still stand a chance if we did (I applied in the morning of the day of the deadline)? I'd just like to know if anyone who put in a lateish application has heard anything

My small comfort is that I did get an email saying that I would hear within the next ten days- rather hoping that this means they must still be putting people who applied a bit last minute through - or surely they'd just reject outright?

Also, I think someone asked about the numbers- it's very competitive. According to the facebook page there were 2000+ last year for 12-15 places. Additionally, the message that's gone up on the log-in screen about having recieved a large number of applications implies that there's probably no change to that this year. Also, I think a lot get cut out at early stages- reading this thread from last year only 50 of the 2000 made it to the final interview. At the same time, they've got to take someone so there's a chance (if a slim one!)!

Quick Reply

Latest