The Student Room Group

NOMS Prison Service Graduate Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Had my JSAC last week, I think it went okay but can't be sure! How did everyone elses go? I got told that we would hear back week beginning 6th Feb, did anyone else get told this?
Yeah I had mine on Monday and got told that we would find out week of the 6th for the interviews to then be on the week of the 27th if we were successful! Yeah I also found mine ok, a little bit nervous on the first one but then got into it a bit more, but as you said, so hard to know how anyone else did. Good luck!
Reply 82
I also had mine last week but have no idea how I've done! at least we'll find out soon, good luck!
Reply 83
I have received an email this evening saying that we would hear back week commencing the 13th feb, contrary to what we were told at the JSAC. Anyone have any idea which one to believe? I suggest the email..
Reply 84
Ah way too stressful receiving an email from them! My heart was racing!
Reply 85
I think maybe they are aiming for the week beginning 6th but say 13th in case it takes longer? I remember with the JSAC invites they said they hoped to get back in the first week of January but actually informed us about 10 days before that- so perhaps they over-estimate in the email so that if they don't get back next week they don't get bombarded with phone calls.

My JSAC wasn't great, but I think I'll apply again next year (I'm only a final year uni student atm) and think its definitely one of those things which having done once before would help A LOT. (I didn't raise one of the points I was supposed to in one of the role-plays, but I'd definitely know what to prioritise if I was doing a similar thing again).
I just received the same email regarding being told week of the 13th. I was there on the last day of sims and they had said there had been a problem on the trains (a fatality), delaying people from turning up to JSAC and had mentioned doing an extra day for them so that's probably why its all going a bit later than planned. Good luck to everyone though! :smile:
I have a feeling that the recruitment team are sitting round a table listening to the song 'I just wanna make you sweat......!!' lol. Hurry up NOMS!!
Reply 88
I know! This is horrible. We have to find out by tomorrow surely...?
Reply 89
Can I just ask if anyone has actually got the feedback questionnaire? I got an email nearly 2 weeks ago saying that they would be sending it out but I haven't actually received it yet (and I think looking at the comments on this thread from last year they send out the survey before sending out the results!). Also, does anyone have any ideas of numbers who did the JSAC and numbers going through to the final round? Someone said on this thread last year that they were told it was about 130 doing the JSAC and about 50 going through, but did anyone get told the figures this year in the de-brief or anything? Many thanks!
I don't know, could be at any point this week! No yet to receive anything from them, refreshing my email page nearly every 10mins!! lol. Haven't been told the exact numbers but we worked out there was roughly 120 of us at JSAC going down to about 50ish (so same as they have said last year) but don't think they have told anyone the exact numbers! Let us know when you hear anything! :smile:
Reply 91
I just heard i got through :biggrin: Good luck everyone! Finally the suspense is over...!
well done Helen! still waiting on some response, just want to know now, even if it's a no the suspense is too much!!
Original post by XXmilliXX
yeah thats exactly how I feel - The NHS didnt appeal to me as it seems purely geared to management! fingers crossed!

the NHS graduate scheme is for business ... hands on roles in the NHS are taken by Health Professionals or by assistant grades ...

the Prison service scheme is only hands on because they 'civilianised' and merged the higher grades of prison officers with junior governor grades, in the old days there were 4 or 5 grades of uniformed prison officers and far fewer governors - who were not anywhere near as visible on the wings as governors are now
Anyone got their final assessment on 28th feb 12.15 til 4.15??
Original post by missmorris-x
Anyone got their final assessment on 28th feb 12.15 til 4.15??

Yes I have! Bit nervous now because I have been reading through the stuff they sent on the exam and yesterday I received another email about the fitness and medical tests, but the link you have to follow says we have to do a maths and verbal test as well?? Not sure if that is just for the prisoner officer training and not us :confused::confused: any ideas?:colondollar:
Reply 96
Yeah I'm pretty sure that's not for us, because the links they sent don't directly send you to that section.
I'm assuming they send you details of the fitness test now in case you do get through but you need to start training before hand...? To the gym it is...:s-smilie:
Good luck tomorrow guys!
Reply 97
Hey guys, for anyone thats already been to the assessment day are you allowed to take notes or the guidance doc we got into the written excercise? thanks and hope it went well!
Hello, I am in 1st year at Uni, looking to do this graduate scheme when I am done.

Couple of questions;

-Where do you actually apply? coudnt find anything official online....

-when do you apply, is it usually last year of Uni?
Reply 99
Hi, Here's the link for where you can apply, but it isn't open at the moment.

http://www.justice.gov.uk/jobs/prisons/on-offer/graduate-programme/apply-now

You can apply in the last year of uni. I think a lot of people also apply after a masters or gap year but basically you apply when you would want to start the following september.

Hope that helps

Quick Reply

Latest