The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Oh, and to add, "Ace" - are you incapable of seeing the practicalities of what I prompt?
Whizz Kid
Oh right, I forgot that Profesh is a comedy genius. Excuse me whilst I stitch my sides back together. :rolleyes:

I never said he was a comedy genius, I said what he did on this forum was funny. You can be funny without being a comedy genius, Whizzo - did this concept never occur to you? I just don't understand why you can't lighten up a bit and stop being so stuck-up and arrogant... ironic eh? That I'm calling you that? You don't think of yourself as that right? Which leads me on to my next point:

Whizz Kid
Observe: Money + School = Private Education + Educated Students + Educated Snobs. Snobs are a waste product of some private schools - so why wouldn't I have a problem with them? :rolleyes:

You always go on about snobs etc, but the fact is, as I pointed out in my post on the Eton Students thread, you're being quite arrogant yourself - everything about the way you talk, brings the word 'SNOBBERY' to my mind at least (particularly through your continued use of the :rolleyes: ). Now if there's one thing I hate in this world, that's hypocrisy. You are aware that a snob doesn't have to go to private school right?

Whizz Kid
Why would you do that, if you know that I detest snobbery? Weird. Paste me the link if you will, I don't care much for wasting my time searching for a post of yours which is most likely rife with unproductive and unfruitful waffle.

If you would bother to read that post rather than try and pull off the 'can't be arsed, too chilled' technique, you would then know why I referred you to that post. Not because I heard that you don't like snobs, but because I was expressing my opinion on the matter. And no, you can look for that thread yourself - you have 800 odd posts, you have the time. Trying the 'can't be arsed' technique is just about the lamest thing you can do in life (for example:
Q: hey shall we go bumgee jumping
A: Nah, can't be arsed)

In fact I bet you've already secretly snuck a look at it but don't want to admit it :smile: Why do I think that? Because you tried to claim that you hadn't heard of Eton. How the hell not? The princes went there, it's in the newspapers, it's one of the world's top schools. Do you live in a box or something? I live in Australia - people over here have heard of Eton

And in case it wasn't clear - don't try and tell me you're not in the wrong here, because you are the one who started the personal attack on Profesh. Do the rules state that he has to speak as the majority do?
Whizz Kid
Oh, and to add, "Ace" - are you incapable of seeing the practicalities of what I prompt?

"Whizz" - yes I am. Please enlighten me as to the practicalities of what you prompt.
Reply 43
hmmmm I was sure that this thread was about GCSE history.
Elspungo
hmmmm I was sure that this thread was about GCSE history.

It's TSR, allow for the collapse of civilised conversation.
lol
Well that's what's so great about these forums :smile:
Reply 47
The Ace is Back
I never said he was a comedy genius, I said what he did on this forum was funny. You can be funny without being a comedy genius, Whizzo - did this concept never occur to you? I just don't understand why you can't lighten up a bit and stop being so stuck-up and arrogant... ironic eh? That I'm calling you that? You don't think of yourself as that right? Which leads me on to my next point:
This doesn't prove much and you've clearly over-thought what I said. The point I was trying to make was that Profesh wasn't being blatently funny (this isn't opinionated - if we face the music it's not screaming laugh at this) and that you were using your unique opinion to attack me.

The Ace is Back
You always go on about snobs etc, but the fact is, as I pointed out in my post on the Eton Students thread, you're being quite arrogant yourself - everything about the way you talk, brings the word 'SNOBBERY' to my mind at least
This is ridden with opinion. What can I say apart from; that's great - I also think you're arrogant.

The Ace is Back
(particularly through your continued use of the :rolleyes: ).
:rolleyes:

The Ace is Back
Now if there's one thing I hate in this world, that's hypocrisy.
Bless. That's life chum, not much you can do about it - just don't take it to heart, that much!
The Ace is Back
You are aware that a snob doesn't have to go to private school right?
No, really? :eek: I don't believe you! :p: (sarcasm).

The Ace is Back
If you would bother to read that post rather than try and pull off the 'can't be arsed, too chilled' technique, you would then know why I referred you to that post. Not because I heard that you don't like snobs, but because I was expressing my opinion on the matter.
I re-iterate; what's so special about your opinion that I should spend my free time becoming acquainted with it? Oh, and it's not a technique; it's a way of life. :wink:
The Ace is Back
And no, you can look for that thread yourself - you have 800 odd posts, you have the time.
"Time is of the essence" - no doubt you've heard of that saying. Just because I have "time" doesn't mean it is to be wasted. :smile:
The Ace is Back
Trying the 'can't be arsed' technique is just about the lamest thing you can do in life (for example:
Q: hey shall we go bumgee jumping
A: Nah, can't be arsed)
Did you think this up yourself? I'm impressed. I'm naturally amused by this. I mean, you've got it fixated in your head that I "can't be arsed". I actually said that I didn't want (not couldn't be bothered) to waste my time. I thought you'd settle for that, but obviously not. You're about the driest writer I've ever met. Your arguments are comparable to that of sandpaper (my opinion).

The Ace is Back
In fact I bet you've already secretly snuck a look at it but don't want to admit it :smile:
Wrong again.
The Ace is Back
Why do I think that? Because you tried to claim that you hadn't heard of Eton.
I hadn't, until recently.
The Ace is Back
How the hell not?
Is it imperative that I know of Eton?
The Ace is Back
The princes went there,
Not interested in royalty.
The Ace is Back
it's in the newspapers
Don't read them - only look at the pictures.

The Ace is Back
And in case it wasn't clear - don't try and tell me you're not in the wrong here, because you are the one who started the personal attack on Profesh. Do the rules state that he has to speak as the majority do?
I'm not in the wrong. :p:

P.S. I didn't start the attack on Profesh - read the whole thread. People other than myself criticise Profesh's writing style - that's personal.
I didn't think GCSE history was hard tbh but depends on your examination board and syllabus xoxo
Reply 49
The Ace is Back
"Whizz" - yes I am. Please enlighten me as to the practicalities of what you prompt.

That Profesh communicate with the 14-year-old on a level which he can understand, thus, being of any use. There are more but I'd need to rummage through properly to remember what points I actually made.
Whizz Kid
The point I was trying to make was that Profesh wasn't being blatently funny (this isn't opinionated - if we face the music it's not screaming laugh at this)

Which just goes to show that you are incapable of seeing the funny side - not that there is anything wrong with this, I was just curious.

Whizz Kid

I re-iterate; what's so special about your opinion that I should spend my free time becoming acquainted with it? Oh, and it's not a technique; it's a way of life. :wink:"Time is of the essence" - no doubt you've heard of that saying. Just because I have "time" doesn't mean it is to be wasted. :smile:Did you think this up yourself? I'm impressed. I'm naturally amused by this. I mean, you've got it fixated in your head that I "can't be arsed". I actually said that I didn't want (not couldn't be bothered) to waste my time. I thought you'd settle for that, but obviously not. You're about the driest writer I've ever met. Your arguments are comparable to that of sandpaper (my opinion).

And you sir are about the most sarcastic person I have ever come across. Hardly any of the things you've said to me today haven't been sarcastic - sarcasm isn't that great you know, in fact it is renowned as the lowest form of wit.

Whizz Kid

Wrong again. I hadn't, until recently. Is it imperative that I know of Eton? Not interested in royalty. Don't read them - only look at the pictures.

No it's not imperative, I just find it highly improbable that you have never heard of Eton, and believe that you said this merely to stand out from everyone else and show everyone what a dandy character you are - ooh, someone who doesn't concern himself with royalty/snobs, and has never heard of Eton. And I assume you do live in a box as you have not denied this. Which would give you a valid excuse.

Whizz Kid

I'm not in the wrong. :p:

P.S. I didn't start the attack on Profesh - read the whole thread. People other than myself criticise Profesh's writing style - that's personal.

I said this in case you were to try and accuse me of starting personal attacks - you are right, you did not start the personal attacks, but you joined in. Sorry for the misunderstanding, just wanted to make clear that personal attacks had begun before I had really arrived on the scene.
woah you two.......calm down yeah its only a thread.......:p: soooooo stubborn :p: :wink: xoxo
Reply 52
The Ace is Back
Which just goes to show that you are incapable of seeing the funny side - not that there is anything wrong with this, I was just curious.
Not at all. As you have said below, I enjoy implementing and applying sarcasm in many different contexts. I am educated enough to see why some people may chuckle at what Profesh has started - yet I doubt Profesh intended to get laughs - hence, I chose the argument as opposed to the brown nose. :smile:

The Ace is Back
And you sir are about the most sarcastic person I have ever come across. Hardly any of the things you've said to me today haven't been sarcastic - sarcasm isn't that great you know, in fact it is renowned as the lowest form of wit.
I'm just not a totally serious person. I can be serious, but I often like to find an equilibrium with the implementation of sarcasm. I sometimes use sarcasm as a route to channel my feelings - i.e. they can show that although I feel strongly about something and feel the need to argue it, I do not become totally immersed and over-obsessed.

The Ace is Back
No it's not imperative, I just find it highly improbable that you have never heard of Eton, and believe that you said this merely to stand out from everyone else and show everyone what a dandy character you are - ooh, someone who doesn't concern himself with royalty/snobs, and has never heard of Eton.
If you had read the thread properly, you'll realise I started using the term snobs soon after someone had told me what Eton was. :smile:
The Ace is Back
And I assume you do live in a box as you have not denied this. Which would give you a valid excuse.
Guilty as charged. It's nice inside, bit art-deco, but we tend not to complain. Privacy is unheard of, and it's rather cramped! Although we do have holes in the box! :wink:
Reply 53
With that kind of use of language, Profresh deserves personal attacks.....The Ace - when you get to senior school you'll realize that this type of language is NEVER appropriate and ALWAYS pretentious. I feel awfully sorry for his examiners...
Reply 54
whauden
With that kind of use of language, Profresh deserves personal attacks.....The Ace - when you get to senior school you'll realize that this type of language is NEVER appropriate and ALWAYS pretentious. I feel awfully sorry for his examiners...

:rofl: Quality.
Reply 55
whauden

Couldn't have said it better myself! And though sarcasim is the lowest form of wit...its the highest form of intelligence. And is slightly more subtle than over induldging in pretentious language. All hail sarcasm and its many wonders
Reply 56
And though sarcasim is the lowest form of wit...its the highest form of intelligence. And is slightly more subtle than over induldging in pretentious language. All hail sarcasm and its many wonders

Hear hear!
Elspungo
Couldn't have said it better myself! And though sarcasim is the lowest form of wit...its the highest form of intelligence. And is slightly more subtle than over induldging in pretentious language. All hail sarcasm and its many wonders

I would have thought wit and intelligence come hand in hand - you can't be witty if you are unintelligent. So if you agree that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, how could it simultaneously be the highest form of intelligence? There's nothing intelligent about it, you just say the opposite of what you mean - 10 year olds can do that.

As you said in your neg rep, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. This is mine. Just like Whizz Kid is allowed his own opinion right? I PMed you about this, but you never replied. I had the decency to reply to your first PM, so kindly return the favour.
Reply 58
Check your messages now mr.aceisback. Patience is a virtue, and I am a lady of the night. Im an insomiac, so I tend to only be on here during the early hours. And errrm...I didnt make up that saying how "sarcasim may be the lowest form of wit but it is the highest form of intelligence". Its a famous phrase. I adore sarcasim. Some people don't get it. Some people don't find it funny. And your right, some people have different opinions. I respect yours. But once again you seem incapble of respecting mine. So...GCSE history. That was a hoot was'nt it!!!(ahhh sweet sweet sarcasm...Im more of an A-Level history kinda girl)
Thank you madam for your reply, I have nothing further to say here

Latest

Trending

Trending