The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
history so that when you have variation. Unis love variations, and at the moment your sujects consists of science based subjects. And even if you were applying to do something scientfic at uni, to have a humanties subject will show variation and that you are wide span of knowledge.
Reply 21
geog. is a humanities subject?? all i wanna know is, is geog looked less highly upon than history? if not ill do that as i find it easier (even though i find hist very interestinaswell). also, geog has sum economics in it.
Reply 22
I would go for geography because it complements your other subjects well but it depends on your future plans. I did biology, chemistry, maths and geography if you have any other questions.
Reply 23
jcd
I would go for geography because it complements your other subjects well but it depends on your future plans. I did biology, chemistry, maths and geography if you have any other questions.

well i was going to do economics before instead of hist or geog, so which would be the better replacement?? also, some think that geography is looked less highly upon by unis than history- future plans (finance/ investment banking hopefully)- probable a2 subjects- maths, chem, (hist or geog)
do both - have done at both GCSE and A-level - well worth it
Reply 25
Do history! It seems very interesting and gives you a lot of skills that will be very helpful for you in the future eg. analysing, arguing etc. :biggrin:
chazzinio
geog. is a humanities subject?? all i wanna know is, is geog looked less highly upon than history? if not ill do that as i find it easier (even though i find hist very interestinaswell). also, geog has sum economics in it.

History may have a slightly better reputation than geography, but I don't think there's much in it, to be honest. I definitely wouldn't say geography was looked down on, so if you feel you'll get a better grade in it and will complement your other subjects better, do it.
Geography is not looked down in, its up there as a respected A level. In fact, you will find some universities accept Geography in place of a traditional science i.e. biology, chemistry etc
Reply 28
geography for sure.

geographers get to do it in the field :biggrin:
Reply 29
History has economics in it as well. And History is a highly respected subject because it is quite a hard subject and requires many skills.
Reply 30
geography has a reputation as being for those who look colouring in maps and want careers as illustrators :p: you are better off doing history
Reply 31
:eek: historians have flooded TSR! they are winning the vote 32-17 :frown:
geography rocks.
Reply 32
so you like colouring do you? :p:
Reply 33
ramroff
so you like colouring do you? :p:

:mad:
*Kills ramroff*
Reply 34
:redface:

*pleads with ellie*
Reply 35
ramroff
:embarrassment:

*pleads with ellie*

Stop being mean about Geography :frown: And plus, it's harder than Economics A-level :p:
Reply 36
*struggles to resist telling a joke about the difficulty of not colouring over the lines/borders*

:flute:
Reply 37
ramroff
*struggles to resist telling a joke about the difficulty of not colouring over the lines/borders*

:flute:

Oh dear, bit of a one-trick monkey are we? It seemd you've used that same tired joke 4 times now!
Reply 38
Ellie4
Oh dear, bit of a one-trick monkey are we? It seemd you've used that same tired joke 4 times now!

Geographers never die, they just lose their bearings, so you are immortal :biggrin:

*groan groan groan*
Reply 39
ramroff
Geographers never die, they just loose their bearings, so you are immoral :biggrin:

*groan groan groan*

We loose them do we? :rolleyes: Learn to spell rammy! And how would losing your bearings make you devoid of morals? :confused:

Latest