The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Shelbycakes
lol, my accent is kinda cross between, maltease, welsh and cornish so apparantly i sound like i'm from barbados, very odd! bristol accent is ok, not as bad as a welsh one!

Don't diss the welsh accents. they rule!!!
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
i dont like welsh accents no offence, especially on guys i think it makes em sound gay lol. charlotte churchs accent is really annoying. i cud listen to irish all day tho i love that so much.
Reply 22
you'll have to put up with it soz if your going to bristol. i may sound better if i speak in welsh. irish accents are brill. could listen to an irish guy forever although i wouldn't be able to understand a word
I used to work with an Irish guy called Darren. He was very flirtatious and looked like Johnny Depp in "Chocolat"......mmmmmm :love:
Reply 24
Zakatu
i find the welsh accent ok when girls have it, but worse for men.

:dito:

A soft welsh accent on a girl is great :biggrin:
Reply 25
josh1988uk
The Welsh accent is awesome. I love it. The norfolk accent can be quite funny as well

norfolk accent is funny, but thats not necessarily a good thing :smile:
Reply 26
Checking for Spies
LOL i'm planning to lose my (very slight) welsh accent as soon as i get to bristol :smile:

NOOOOO!!!!!!!

:biggrin:
Reply 27
Checking for Spies
reminds me of creepy farmers xx

Farmers are great!

Though i don't think you'd think i was one to speak to me :smile:

I can pass for a townie (not a chav :rolleyes: ; someone who lives in a town)
Reply 28
Shelbycakes
its ok, as long as its not like really really stong like the swanseeeeeeah accent. its really awful (no offence to anyone from swansea.

My family's from Swansea!
Reply 29
I just have a boring greater london accent.....:rolleyes:
I don't even know what my acent is. I have people telling me its irish..or that i am irish (personally i have no idea what it sounds like), although ive never been to ireland in my life, and none of my family is irish.
Reply 31
your from hampshire... so, do you pronounce your "r"'s?

Irish pronounce their "r"'s so this might be the reason. i personally wouldn't confuse the two. Irish has loads more obvious traits.
There better be some northeners going to Bristol, no way do I want a southern accent! no offence all of ya...
Geordie_in_HK
There better be some northeners going to Bristol, no way do I want a southern accent! no offence all of ya...

My accent is lovely! :eek:

But I do want to pull a northerner or two. Mmmm...
Reply 34
Geordie_in_HK

Yeah, northern accents are way better than sourthern ones. :wink: :biggrin:
Phil_D
Yeah, northern accents are way better than sourthern ones. :wink: :biggrin:

Only on men. Southern girl + northern guy = perfect combination.

But the north is cold, so I will seduce a northerner and then make him live in Hampshire.
Reply 36
I really like the geordie accent, i thinks its very freindly.
I don't get this whole 'the north is cold' thing, Newcastle is 400 miles from London - it's not the alps to the sahara!

I'm going to wear t-shirts in winter in Bristol just to prove that you're all mincers... :smile:
Reply 38
susiemakemeblue
Only on men. Southern girl + northern guy = perfect combination.

But the north is cold, so I will seduce a northerner and then make him live in Hampshire.

Sounds like you've got it all planned out. :biggrin:
Geordie_in_HK
I don't get this whole 'the north is cold' thing, Newcastle is 400 miles from London - it's not the alps to the sahara!

I'm going to wear t-shirts in winter in Bristol just to prove that you're all mincers... :smile:

It's a totally different climate! When they say "temperatures between 18 and 24 degrees", you know they mean 17 in Newcastle and 25 in Winchester.

I went to York in April and it snowed, and I nearly froze to death.

Latest

Trending

Trending