The Student Room Group
I'm honestly not sure, but if you didn't receive any sort of paperwork from the police, then I think you are OK? x x
As far as I can tell, it will show up for the people who are writing the CRB, but they will probably choose not to mention it.
Also check out visa information when travelling to the USA. This caused me tons of problems.
I had a CRB for a part-time job I have, and I was worried about the same thing. I got a sort of verbal warning type thing from the police when I was about 13, and I didn't know whether it was worth mentioning or not. I kept finding conflicting things on the internet, so that didn't help matters! Anyway, it all came back fine :smile: so you probably have no reason to worry x x
fairy,

You might have had a Standard CRB. Shakey will require an Enhanced CRB. If Shakey accepted a caution, it will show up. Whether it is considered an issue or not will be down to the school. I wouldn't refuse to have him/her in school because of that isolated incident if that is any help.

Mr M
Hey Mr M,

Mine was an Enhanced CRB, all the paperwork came back within 6-8 weeks and it was completely clear. I'm doing Nursing as well in September, so it was obviously a worry for me. I guess if a caution was accepted it will show up, especially if over the age of 16 at the time of the offence.

x x
Reply 7
Verbal warnings may or may not show up dependant on what was recorded and the opinion of the CPO on this particular check in whatever particular job.

A police caution however will without fail show up, so please do disclose it first and ensure they are ok with the situation.
Shakeyshakeshake
When i was 17 i was walking back from a party really drunk and the police caught me and called my parents to come and pick me up and i think they cautioned me for underage drinking. I need to get an enhanced CRB check to get teaching experience in a school. Would a caution like this show up on that?

You think they cautioned you? In order for you to be cautioned, you need to admit to the offense, you need to be present at the police station when they issue the caution, and you need to sign it to say you understand and accept it.

If you did those things, and you do have a caution, then yes, it will show up on a CRB check.
fairyqueen374
Hey Mr M,

Mine was an Enhanced CRB, all the paperwork came back within 6-8 weeks and it was completely clear. I'm doing Nursing as well in September, so it was obviously a worry for me. I guess if a caution was accepted it will show up, especially if over the age of 16 at the time of the offence.

x x

Glad this didn't turn out to be a problem for you fairy.
I know, so was I! But I was about 12, and I didn't really do anything wrong.. just got a bit of a telling off! No police station or anything though, and all was fine.

Back to OP, if in doubt then disclose.x x

Latest

Trending

Trending