The Student Room Group

DES Decryption

Hi,

I've been given Cryptography coursework in which I have to decrypt a ciphertext which was encrypted using DES (in ECB mode). I have been provided with the key (in both text format and hex format) and the ciphertext is in hex format.

Does anyone know of an online webpage / tool that would do this decryption?

This isn't cheating on the coursework by the way, we've been informed by our lecturer that we should search online.

Problem solved!
Reply 2
Hi
As you have solved your problem, could you possible help me? I need to decrypt a ciphertext which has been encrypted by DES.
Actually, I seem to have the same problem as you.
Thanks x
tjames

Actually, I seem to have the same problem as you.

Would you happen to be studing maths at the University of Glamorgan? If so, then that would explain why you have the same problem! :p:
Reply 4
Haha well it was worth a go!!! I guess you know who i am. I dont expect you to tell me the answer, but thanks anyway :smile: xx
:smile: I will tell you that there are tools out there that will do this... although it took a frustrating amount of time to find them and get them to work. One tool I found fairly quickly, but I was unsure what type of input I was supposed to use for the ciphertext / key (i.e. text, hex, etc.) Good luck!

Latest

Trending

Trending