The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Driving to Loughborough every day? That's not just a waste of petrol it's not exactly a short trip!
Reply 2
only a couple of junctions up the m1 not far 40 mins tops....like i said economical car only a 1.5diesel
basically £30-£40 a month
not alot considering some people pay nearly £20 a week to commute to university by public transport
Reply 3
puntoman
only a couple of junctions up the m1 not far 40 mins tops....like i said economical car only a 1.5diesel
basically £30-£40 a month
not alot considering some people pay nearly £20 a week to commute to university by public transport

It's 100 miles from Watford, you're looking at 90 minutes if the traffic's good.
Reply 4
Can't you just live in Loughborough if you chose that? Would help with the social aspects and save you money.
Reply 5
Either Loughborough or Royal Holloway tbh, I'd personally go with Royal Holloway but thats me. Why not live at the Uni? commuting is gonna be worse than you think.
Driving from Watford to Loughborough and back everyday will be an absolute nightmare.
Loughborough is beyond amazing. But....half of the fun is the social life - I can't really see the point of going to university without living there.
Reply 8
i still haven't made my mind up yet lol
if i was to go to loughborough
prob just get myself a flat round there
Reply 9
I rarely comment on forums... But i could not resist cos' of the dilemma. Out of the universities in question Loughborough and Royal Holloway are the only serious contenders. Brunel is not as good as these institutions. I have seen both Loughborough and Royal Holloway (when i was applying to study Geography) I felt that Loughborough's campus was far more modern compared to Royal Holloway. There was a certain buzz about the place wheras Royal Holloway in Egham seemed a lot quiet and dull.

Reputation wise both unis are great. Loughborough is well up the tables and Royal Holloway has the Uni of London tag to it. You did say you would like to commute .. so Royal Holloway is ideal in that case - not far from Watford. However, Loughborough would take at least 90 minutes one way (not practical). U should stay at Loughborough if u choose it. I loved Loughborough when i visited and the accomodation is really good.

My bet .. go for Loughborough. (but if u choose Royal Holloway you will not be dissappointed .. as the uni is still well respected .. although mentioned its duller and a lot quieter)

Go Lufbra' Woooo :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending