The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
floralgirl
oh right thats great was yours an art and design course? did they ask you any political questions =S ive been told they are known for this. I really hope not especially as its meant to be an art course lol and its stressful without added extra's =P

Hm, i applied for Photography.
Haha, no i didn't get asked any political questions. They do ask if you're reading any critical texts and stuff though (well they asked me that anyway). Some of my work has philosophical elements to it, so they asked me about that to. :smile:
Helloalex!
Haha, no i didn't get asked any political questions. They do ask if you're reading any critical texts and stuff though (well they asked me that anyway). Some of my work has philosophical elements to it, so they asked me about that to. :smile:
What do they mean by critical texts? :eek3:
Reply 22
BuryMeInBlack
What do they mean by critical texts? :eek3:

Ah, don't panic! :P Not necessarily critical texts, but like they asked me if i was reading any photography related books and i mentioned i'd started reading a book about interpretation of contemporary art.
Don't necessarily have to talk about it, so even if you research some at least if they ask, they know you know about other sources even if you hadn't read them : )
Helloalex!
Ah, don't panic! :P Not necessarily critical texts, but like they asked me if i was reading any photography related books and i mentioned i'd started reading a book about interpretation of contemporary art.
Don't necessarily have to talk about it, so even if you research some at least if they ask, they know you know about other sources even if you hadn't read them : )
Dunno if it'll be alright to mention books I've read for research. I have lots of books on street fashion photographs but they're picture books more than text. I'll have to see whether I get my interview (which I kind of doubt because I may have messed up this CD thing :frown: ) Thanks for your help.
Reply 24
BuryMeInBlack
Dunno if it'll be alright to mention books I've read for research. I have lots of books on street fashion photographs but they're picture books more than text. I'll have to see whether I get my interview (which I kind of doubt because I may have messed up this CD thing :frown: ) Thanks for your help.

Don't doubt yourself so much! I think they only asked me since that's my area of interest, since i'm presuming yours is fashion- they probably won't ask : ) They ask questions related to your preferred area :smile:
Reply 25
Helloalex!

ah right thats ok then, thanks. Ive been reading alot of interior books on the 60's and 50's which support my contextual studies essay so I could tell them about that as a source and the museum of domestic design in london. wish me luck for tomorrow x
Reply 26
has anyone who has been for interview heard back yet? xx:smile:

Latest