The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Nope. Neither of the pills I've been on have. I mentioned that to my doctor though.
Reply 21
I've gained 6 pounds in 4 weeks :biggrin: (on microgynon)
i didnt cause i didnt stuff myself with crap

the pill doesnt make you put weight on, it increases your appetite at worst, its upto you what you choose to eat
It makes you really hungry :O My face looks like a football now ahahaha!
i put a stone on originally but there are some pills, like Yasmin, which i'm on now, that are thought to not affect your weight. if you're worried about weight gain tell your doctor and they may prescribe you something different. they monitor your bmi every 6months anyway so don't worry!!
xmarilynx
I put on about 2 stone - luckily I lost it all when I came off it! My friends who are on the pill gained weight, but nowhere near as much as me, so I think I was just really unlucky.

What one were you on?
The pill didn't change my appetite at all, so I haven't lost or gained weight. My boobs did grow though.
Melting Sugar.
What one were you on?

I went on Dianette first for my skin, then tried another one which I can't remember the name of....

Basically it messed with my hormones and made me really emotional, and if I'm upset/angry or whatever, I tend to eat my own body weight in chocolate/icecream/unhealthy stuff. Which is fine because it hardly ever happens - generally I'm a very happy person :biggrin: but because the pill was making me feel weird stuff for no reason I ate a lot :hmmm: Jennie reckons she's gained weight on the pill too (not that I can see it personally :dontknow:).
xmarilynx
I went on Dianette first for my skin, then tried another one which I can't remember the name of....

Basically it messed with my hormones and made me really emotional, and if I'm upset/angry or whatever, I tend to eat my own body weight in chocolate/icecream/unhealthy stuff. Which is fine because it hardly ever happens - generally I'm a very happy person :biggrin: but because the pill was making me feel weird stuff for no reason I ate a lot :hmmm: Jennie reckons she's gained weight on the pill too (not that I can see it personally :dontknow:).

Yeah they've tried to put me on Dianette for my skin but I googled it and I didn't end up taking it.. and now they keep ringing me up but I feel bad basically saying I ignored their advice but it looks like they've put me on the most risky pill with the most side effects. :rolleyes:

They didn't even bother giving me a lotion/cream/gel to try or anti-biotics first, and my skin isn't that bad to warrant going straight onto the pill.

Meh :dontknow:

But yeah that's pretty much decided for me that I won't take it :wink:
Melting Sugar.
Yeah they've tried to put me on Dianette for my skin but I googled it and I didn't end up taking it.. and now they keep ringing me up but I feel bad basically saying I ignored their advice but it looks like they've put me on the most risky pill with the most side effects. :rolleyes:

They didn't even bother giving me a lotion/cream/gel to try or anti-biotics first, and my skin isn't that bad to warrant going straight onto the pill.

Meh :dontknow:

But yeah that's pretty much decided for me that I won't take it :wink:

Don't feel bad, you've got to do what's right for you :smile: I don't think Dianette helped my skin much, if at all, anyway :erm:

Oh btw, I can recommend an AWESOME gel that got rid of my acne like magic if you like? Obviously your skin's not like mine was, but I still use it when I get the odd spot and it's amazing - better than anything you'll be able to buy over the counter (and free of course :wink:).
xmarilynx
Don't feel bad, you've got to do what's right for you :smile: I don't think Dianette helped my skin much, if at all, anyway :erm:

Oh btw, I can recommend an AWESOME gel that got rid of my acne like magic if you like? Obviously your skin's not like mine was, but I still use it when I get the odd spot and it's amazing - better than anything you'll be able to buy over the counter (and free of course :wink:).

LOL how is it free? *thinks Marilyn is about to say let someone cum on your face*
Melting Sugar.

LOL how is it free? *thinks Marilyn is about to say let someone cum on your face*

:giggle: Because we're under 19 and in full time education, so anything from the NHS is free. Whereas if you get it from Superdrug or wherever you have to pay for it.
xmarilynx
:giggle: Because we're under 19 and in full time education, so anything from the NHS is free. Whereas if you get it from Superdrug or wherever you have to pay for it.

:wink:

oo okay yes please, what is it?

or PM me because we've basically hijacked this thread now :rolleyes:
Cilest made me gain weight while Yasmin made me lose weight.
Reply 34
You might find this advice from the fpa website useful: http://www.fpa.org.uk/Information/Readourinformationbooklets/combined#Xy3R

Will I put on weight if I take the pill?

Research has not shown that women put on weight when they use the combined pill. Some women may find that their weight changes throughout their cycle due to fluid retention.
Every one I've ever tried made me put weight on, and I didn't feel like a woman, because I didn't have the same sense of where I am in my cycle and the natural fluctuation of my hormones.

I refuse point blank to take the pill, or any other hormone based birth control. Horrible, horrible stuff.
Yep I have. I think it was mainly a bigger appetite.
Reply 37
It made me more moody, but my appitite pretty much stayed the same. my GP had me coming in every 2 or 3 months and weighed me to make sure though.
by boobs grew by atleast a cupsize (which im not really complaining about lol)and i did gain some podge...but it can be controlled with a really good diet and excercise.the implant also made me gain weight... oh the joys of being a woman!!
Reply 39
Been on Yasmin since July...boobs a bit bigger, no weight gain but when I'm on, I bloat SO much...and then when i go back on the pill it goes away quickly!

Latest