The Student Room Group

Msc Environmental Technology @ Imperial

Hi all,

I've been invited along for an interview next month at Imperial for their Msc in Environmental Technology and was just curious if anyone else was doing the same or has been through the interview process before? I'm just curious as to what it will entail having never been to an academic style interview in the past! Is the dress code formal or informal? What sort of questions are generally asked?

I was also wondering if anyone on here is currently studying the course or has studied it in the past? Did you find it met your expectation? I'm looking to go down the Ecological Management option myself if I get in. :rolleyes:
Reply 1
Hey! I just had my interview for the Msc in Environmental Technology, about how long did it take you to get a response????? Thanks :-)
Reply 2
Original post by hypatia10

Original post by hypatia10
Hey! I just had my interview for the Msc in Environmental Technology, about how long did it take you to get a response????? Thanks :-)

Hi hypatia and Evese,
I am applying to the Msc in Environmental Technology. Where you accepted? What sort of questions did you get? :smile: Thank you
Reply 3
Original post by Evese

Hi hypatia and Evese,
I am applying to the Msc in Environmental Technology. Where you accepted? What sort of questions did you get? Thank you
Hi,

I'm applying to this course, with Environmental Economics and Policy as my first choice, also considering Global Environmental Change and Policy, or Ecological Management, as second and/or third choices.

I was wondering if anyone is studying this course at the moment and has any information on how they're finding it. I'm interested in how the economics content is pitched. I don't have a background in economics, and it says this is OK, but at the same time I'm a bit wary that it might be a dumbed down/untechnical version of economics which is not so well respected or useful for jobs/research. Anyone got any ideas?

Also, is it based on the South Kensington campus or the one at Silwood Park? This is quite an important factor for me. Somehow I can't seem to find this quite important piece of info on the website!

Any advice or comments or answers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys
Reply 5
Heya,

I'm almost 100% certain that the Env Technology is based at Silwood Park, because I was thinking of this course myself.

Check here for more details : http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/silwoodparkcampus/teaching
Reply 6
Also was thinking of applying, do you have any idea if the course is accredited to any organisation?
Reply 7
Also the course is taught entirely at the South Kensington Campus.
Hey!!

I am an international student (from India), I have been accepted into the Msc in Environmental Technology course with the option for Ecological management starting this Sept 2013. Those of you who have already taken that perticular Msc....would be great to know more about it, how was the experience? Where the professors open to discussion and questions? What is the scope and potential for the degree once you graduate? The website states the course is very well reputed in UK but some of it would of course be marketing techniques....so any honest opinions appreciated!

Thanks!
Hey!

I'm an international student (from India), I have been accepted into the Msc in Environmental Technology course with the option for Ecological management starting this Sept 2013. Those of you who have already taken that perticular Msc....would be great to know more about it, how was the experience? Where the professors open to discussion and questions? What is the scope and potential for the degree once you graduate? The website states the course is very well reputed in UK but some of it would of course be marketing techniques....so any honest opinions appreciated!

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending