The Student Room Group

How long is too long for hair?

Scroll to see replies

Mine is mid back. I would like to grow it to waist but its at its terminal length I think.

Waist is the maximum length hair should be. I hate when I see people with dodgy mousey brown hair which is all long and thin and raggedy.
Reply 81
When it starts touching the hips, then it's definitely too long.

I'm hoping to grow mine to around waist length, although it's going to take a looong time! I was going to attempt not trimming my hair at all, until it reached such a level (it needs to grow around 6-8 inches). Although split ends and dry ends made me change my mind :p: Long hair only looks good if it's in good condition.
Reply 82

Lol they both look fine to me :smile: the weird thing is I know some people have long wavy hair, and they straighten it everyday... that part is what I have trouble with understanding... like how can they straighten their hair when it must be a pain to manage :s-smilie:
My hair is about mid-back length and its v curly/wavy so gets even longer when straightened. I want to grow it just a bit more and then I'll stop as once it get that bit too long its just so hard to manage and gets a bit straggly
My hair is about mid-back length and its v curly/wavy so gets even longer when straightened. I want to grow it just a bit more and then I'll stop as once it get that bit too long its just so hard to manage and gets a bit straggly
I have mid-back length hair.. I think hip length is enough and can be too long for some kind of girl :smile: depends from the girl actually
I had hair just below waist length and loved it, but got it all cut to shoulder length a couple of years ago which enabled me to have it a host of colours/styles.. but now I miss it and wear extensions when I go out which are just above waist length whilst I grow mine back out. :smile:
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
I was just thinking of those women that have hair so long, some down to the floor, and I think "Why?" It's just like too much, I'd imagine it would be a lot to look after, and it doesn't even look that nice. No offence to anyone, that's just my opinion. I do think long hair is pretty, up to a certain length. I think the longest flattering length is about waist length, or maybe tail-bone, but that's pushing it a little. Anything past tail-bone looks a bit excessive to me. What's your opinion?

Mine is hip length, can't have it any longer than that... otherwise it's just too long!
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
I was just thinking of those women that have hair so long, some down to the floor, and I think "Why?" It's just like too much, I'd imagine it would be a lot to look after, and it doesn't even look that nice. No offence to anyone, that's just my opinion. I do think long hair is pretty, up to a certain length. I think the longest flattering length is about waist length, or maybe tail-bone, but that's pushing it a little. Anything past tail-bone looks a bit excessive to me. What's your opinion?

i think anything too much beyond waist length starts to get impractical and more tasking to maintain. But i guess you could do tailbone length if you get some good layers to balance it
Original post by Cicilaw
i think anything too much beyond waist length starts to get impractical and more tasking to maintain. But i guess you could do tailbone length if you get some good layers to balance it

This is a really old thread. :wink:
Can't be longer than the hip length or looks weird imo.
Me too have the same opinion. Too long hair is not nice to see
My hair was really long, i recently got it cut to a lovely nice short length

Quick Reply

Latest