Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
About three months. Yes they are good.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Depends on the course. It should say about the duration on the course information page, it varies quite a lot. Introducing Astronomy can take "eight to ten weeks, or up to five months" according to the OU course page.

Yes, I think the short courses are very good. I've done 8 of them and only one of those was bad, the rest were excellent.
Reply 3
Lunarsea
Depends on the course. It should say about the duration on the course information page, it varies quite a lot. Introducing Astronomy can take "eight to ten weeks, or up to five months" according to the OU course page.

Yes, I think the short courses are very good. I've done 8 of them and only one of those was bad, the rest were excellent.

Which ones did you do? Which one was bad and why did you not enjoy it? (I'm thinking of doing 1 next year) XD
Reply 4
Muffin.
Which ones did you do? Which one was bad and why did you not enjoy it? (I'm thinking of doing 1 next year) XD

The duff one was A172 Start Writing Essays.

Given my view on that course in the spoiler (it's quite long and I didn't want to clog up the post).

Spoiler

The other ones I did were:
S182 Studying mammals (now discontinued)
S180 Life in the oceans
S193 Fossils and the history of life
S196 Planets: an introduction
Y162 Starting with maths
S154 Science starts here

All of those were excellent and I really enjoyed them. Any questions about those and I'm happy to answer. :yep:
Reply 5
hi, im thinking of doing some short courses too but am concerened over funding issues and if it will be recognised:confused:

Latest