The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Scroll to see replies

Kt.b
I would agree with this, but mixed is the one for me! Love having so many people in the flat (10 in Froggatt) but I would agree we are not as sociable as the single sex flats seem to be. This might be because there are so many of us whereas the single sex flats are smaller so when a few people aren't there it's really noticeable. Also heard lots of bad things about girl bitch fights in the single sex flats :s-smilie:

Meh. All im saying is, that wherever you end up you will have a good time if you make the most of it. Its not tragically different if you are in a mixed or single sex flat.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 21
Hmm... I've now firmed Sheffield but I am not sure whether to choose Ranmoor or City accommodation... :s Any info on either of those??

:woo:
Barker11
Hmm... I've now firmed Sheffield but I am not sure whether to choose Ranmoor or City accommodation... :s Any info on either of those??

:woo:

Go for Ranmoor, City accom can be quite unsociable.
Ranmoor is modern, and located around 25 min walk from Uni. All en-suite.

You might also want to consider Endcliffe.
Reply 23
Hey i got my accomodation confirmation earlier today. I'm staying in Rivelin! Anybody got any information on this accomodation?
I found out yesterday i'm in Howden, flat G4!
Anyone else?!
Reply 25
freshie
Hey i got my accomodation confirmation earlier today. I'm staying in Rivelin! Anybody got any information on this accomodation?

Rivelin is quite far away which can be a bit annoying for laundry but it has quite a closeknit feel as I think its one of the smaller blocks :yep:
Any info on Howden?! Do we know which blocks are mixed or single sex?
Reply 27
Seems like Stanage is going to be very international. Any info on mixed/single sex would be appreciated here too!
Reply 28
Thecowswantitback
Any info on Howden?! Do we know which blocks are mixed or single sex?

As far as I know, Howden is all single sex. It has a bit of a rep as being the party block which is why it is right in front of the Edge - they assume you don't mind going to bed late. :smile:
Reply 29
Kt.b
Rivelin is quite far away which can be a bit annoying for laundry but it has quite a closeknit feel as I think its one of the smaller blocks :yep:

hmm well i live in leeds anyway so i'l just take my washing home LOL
freshie

I lived in Rivelin last year! There's a mix of mixed and single sex flats in Rivelin, as well as 6 and 8 person flats. There's not much variation between the buildings in Endcliffe - the only real difference is the location. Rivelin is on the edge of Endcliffe and you don't even need to walk through Endcliffe to get to it, so it can feel a bit far out sometimes. There's a good community in Rivelin as another poster said, so it doesn't really matter.

I'm going to really, really miss it.
Reply 31
Mirithiar
Seems like Stanage is going to be very international. Any info on mixed/single sex would be appreciated here too!

Stanage tends to be ERASMUS international students in general.

ArtGoblin
I lived in Rivelin last year! There's a mix of mixed and single sex flats in Rivelin, as well as 6 and 8 person flats. There's not much variation between the buildings in Endcliffe - the only real difference is the location. Rivelin is on the edge of Endcliffe and you don't even need to walk through Endcliffe to get to it, so it can feel a bit far out sometimes. There's a good community in Rivelin as another poster said, so it doesn't really matter.

I'm going to really, really miss it.

Rivelin was absolutely fantastic, we had an amazing community going in our block, we're really tight. The Edge is still only 3-4 minutes away walking. :smile:
Reply 32
Skycat
Stanage tends to be ERASMUS international students in general.

Awww, but I don't want my flatmates to go away after a year - who am I going to rent a house with in my second year? Oh, well, guess that I'll need to wait and see - thank you for information!
Reply 33
Mirithiar
Awww, but I don't want my flatmates to go away after a year - who am I going to rent a house with in my second year? Oh, well, guess that I'll need to wait and see - thank you for information!

No worries. :smile: So are you a first year there then? Not Erasmus or anything? That seems a bit bizarre... maybe they changed things round for this year? Give them a ring if you like and ask politely about the type of student in Stanage and maybe explain you'd rather be with non-Erasmus students?
Reply 34
Skycat
No worries. :smile: So are you a first year there then? Not Erasmus or anything? That seems a bit bizarre... maybe they changed things round for this year? Give them a ring if you like and ask politely about the type of student in Stanage and maybe explain you'd rather be with non-Erasmus students?

Yep, it's going to be my first year, I'm 'international' and after a gap year - so thought that I'm going to be put in Derwent. I got in touch through Facebook with some people who are going to be in Stanage this year - all internationals so far and not ERASMUS, so maybe they've changed things around. I don't mind an odd ERASMUS student here and there, but after your post I got a tiny bit worried that they might be majority in Stanage. Will investigate and report back:smile: Also, seems like I'm the only one on the forum to be put there - and here I thought that maybe I'll end up with someone from TSR!
Reply 35
Mirithiar
Yep, it's going to be my first year, I'm 'international' and after a gap year - so thought that I'm going to be put in Derwent. I got in touch through Facebook with some people who are going to be in Stanage this year - all internationals so far and not ERASMUS, so maybe they've changed things around. I don't mind an odd ERASMUS student here and there, but after your post I got a tiny bit worried that they might be majority in Stanage. Will investigate and report back:smile: Also, seems like I'm the only one on the forum to be put there - and here I thought that maybe I'll end up with someone from TSR!

Hmm, maybe they did change things around then. :smile: I'm not overseas but I am EU and I still got put in Rivelin, same for some of my friends from the block from overseas, so I don't see why they're piling all the internationals together, hmm.
Oh well, I'm sure it'll be fine either way. :smile:
Reply 36
Just got my accommodation. Anyone staying in Crescent Flats flat 18???

What's Crescent like? Can't find any info about it!
Reply 37
Anyone in Opal 3?
Please what do you think is the best accommodation? Opal 3, Brocco Flats or Victoria Halls?
Thanks
mollymustard
City accom can be quite unsociable.

What makes you say that? I'm going to in Opal 2 and chose City for in proximity to the city/my department (I'll be studying Physics). I don't really mine if people don't want to go out every night (I sure don't, haha) but is it really that much more unsociable?
Reply 39
I just got my room allocation. Its Flat A2, Ravenstones Apartments, Ranmoor Village. Anyone around me?
I'm sure this is mixed sex since I had opted for that

Latest

Trending

Trending