The former!
Reply 2
LearningMath
The former!

why do you think so?

but thanks!
Reply 3
chamb
i dont know which one would be best if i AGAIN dont get in this year... i have a place at nottingham for biochemistry and molecular medicine (AAB) and also southampton for biomedical sciences (BBB)... which one would the unis like better assuming i get a first in either?

thank you!:smile:

does that mean you only applied to three medical school this year?
Reply 4
the one you enjoy the most and are therefore most likely to do well in.
The first one sounds better to me.
I have no idea what biomedical sciences entails. However Biochemistry is a well established subject which increasingly forms the basis of modern medicine. Plus i prefer nottingham.

You're welcome :top2:
Reply 7
Most Life Science degrees have a common first year - so you can enter any of them, and probably switch to another course within the faculty (say start with Biochemistry and realise you want to do Phar & Phys). Check with the institution first.
Reply 8
WEB
does that mean you only applied to three medical school this year?

no, i applied to 4, nottingham was one fo them but they rejected me and then offered me a list of alternative aocurse and i picked biocehm and mol. med. then i added southampton as my fifth choice.
Reply 9
nurse207
the one you enjoy the most and are therefore most likely to do well in.

i havent started so i dont know which i would enjoy the most, they both seem very cool to me :s-smilie:
Reply 10
LearningMath
I have no idea what biomedical sciences entails. However Biochemistry is a well established subject which increasingly forms the basis of modern medicine. Plus i prefer nottingham.

You're welcome :top2:

mmm this sounds... sound, lol :smile: thank youuuu!
Reply 11
Spacecam
Most Life Science degrees have a common first year - so you can enter any of them, and probably switch to another course within the faculty (say start with Biochemistry and realise you want to do Phar & Phys). Check with the institution first.

yes, that is true but if i make a decision, i wont be asking to swap course in that uni if i dont like it, i would be regretting not having chosen the course at the OTHER uni...
Reply 12
chamb
no, i applied to 4, nottingham was one fo them but they rejected me and then offered me a list of alternative aocurse and i picked biocehm and mol. med. then i added southampton as my fifth choice.

so you got rejected from all med schools post interviews? what was ur ukcat like?
OP - what uni would you prefer, where could you see yourself living and studying for the next three years and what subject appeals to you more (check out the course structure). if GEM is your goal then you need a degree you will enjoy so you find it easier to study it and so get a 1st. both are worth the same in GEM world.
Whichever you like.
Reply 15
WEB
so you got rejected from all med schools post interviews? what was ur ukcat like?

nono, ive yet to hear from BSMS and i have to interview at keele but i got rejected form nottingham and heard nothin from bristol.

ukcat was about 660?
Reply 16
thanks for your help guys!!
Reply 17
chamb
nono, ive yet to hear from BSMS and i have to interview at keele but i got rejected form nottingham and heard nothin from bristol.

ukcat was about 660?

dont give up hope yet then!!! but yeah, probably a good idea to try to answer the 'what if i dont get into medicine' question...im starting to consider it myself. Good luck with the rest of your application tho :smile:
Purely anecdotally, of the medics I know they cover ALOT of the same material that us biochemists do but not in as much depth. Not to mention that graduate entry from biochemistry (or even entry from the second year of your course) is a well trodden path.
Reply 19
WEB
dont give up hope yet then!!! but yeah, probably a good idea to try to answer the 'what if i dont get into medicine' question...im starting to consider it myself. Good luck with the rest of your application tho :smile:

i gave up hope along while ago and the BAM 2 interviews given and all of a sudden i care about it more than i thought i did (which was already MUCHOS)... but now i fear im getting hopes up and i have to go back to reality which is that i need to focus on the what if... but thnak you and to you too! dont give up yourself!!:yep:

Latest

Trending

Trending