The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

dundee?

i've received conditionals from dundee sheffield and southampton and i'm still waiting for an answer from edinburgh which is my first option. Now, i don't know which to choose between dundee and sheffield as a second choice.my course is civil engineering.dundee attracts me but i've heard that i will get bored in 4 years because it is too small and with too much concrete(too gray). i also want a city where i can easily find a job because i need to work from my first year. how much can i earn monthly with a job that does not affect my studies?
Reply 1
id choose sheffield tbh

ive been dundee for 4 years and im sick of it!

plus with sheffield you got tons of other cities nearby to keep u happy

around dundee theres barely anything, plus its tiny
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 2
What Yas89 said. Been studying here for 5 years and I'm sick to **** of the place.

Love it at the same time too. Kinda love/hate thing.
Reply 3
Ignore the above!!!! - DUNDEE IS AMAZING! - granted im only 2nd year but still loving every minute of it!
Reply 4
Sheffield's a ****-hole.

bpe
and with too much concrete(too gray).

Definitely not true.
Reply 5
I'm only just coming to the end of my first year but I'd definitely say dont count dundee out, there's plenty to do if you're willing to go out and do it, I have friends in sheffield uni who are enjoying it there too so i'd say either would be good but think of it this way, no matter how much a place has to offer, chances are after 4 years you'll have done and seen all the things there you want to and will be a bit bored so dont necessarily listen to the voices of restless 4th years cos i'm willing to bet there are a few 3rd year and post-doc sheffield students who are just a desperate for a chance of scenery
Reply 6
Plus, dundee's actually quite a pretty place cos its a bit more historic than sheffield which has gone for more of a modern vibe
Reply 7
Samputer
Ignore the above!!!! - DUNDEE IS AMAZING! - granted im only 2nd year but still loving every minute of it!

What do I know? I've only lived here for 16 years :rolleyes:

But yeah I guess I'm cynical and jaded. If you're coming here for a few years then not bad :iiam:
Reply 8
I'm facing the tough decision between Dundee and Aberdeen and somehow got attracted by Dundee as it's smaller and closer to Edinburgh, where my brother is studying. :smile: And I hope I won't get bored for the three years I could be there.
Reply 9
Choose Dundee. Its a great place. Its not that small and its not too far from edinburgh. ive been her for 3years and im not bored yet.

Latest

Trending

Trending