The Student Room Group

Transferring to UCA Farnham?

I'm currently a first year student on the Graphic Design course at LCC, University of the Arts London, but am really not enjoying the course/enjoying living in London and really want to transfer to UCA Farnham (Graphic Communication) but have no idea how to go about doing it. Ideally i'd like to transfer straight to the 2nd year but this probably isn't possible.

The worst thing is I actually has a conditional offer for the UCA Farnham course but chose LCC instead. Worst decision ever.

Any advice?

I'm pretty much screwed :frown:
kerry595
I'm currently a first year student on the Graphic Design course at LCC, University of the Arts London, but am really not enjoying the course/enjoying living in London and really want to transfer to UCA Farnham (Graphic Communication) but have no idea how to go about doing it. Ideally i'd like to transfer straight to the 2nd year but this probably isn't possible.

The worst thing is I actually has a conditional offer for the UCA Farnham course but chose LCC instead. Worst decision ever.

Any advice?

I'm pretty much screwed :frown:

Talk to your tutors, or the university? I did the graphic communication course at Farnham and it worked out great for me!

We had alot of new students in the second year from people transferring from other unis, so i know its possible! :cool:

Ring up Farnham and ask them, i do highly reccomend the course if you want a career in design :yes:
Reply 2
RealityIsDull
Talk to your tutors, or the university? I did the graphic communication course at Farnham and it worked out great for me!

We had alot of new students in the second year from people transferring from other unis, so i know its possible! :cool:

Ring up Farnham and ask them, i do highly reccomend the course if you want a career in design :yes:

It's so good to hear that lots of people were able to transfer to Farnham! Do you know if I will still have to go through the interview process etc? Also, how did you find living in such a little town? Was it easy to meet people/was there a student vibe?

Thank-you.
kerry595
It's so good to hear that lots of people were able to transfer to Farnham! Do you know if I will still have to go through the interview process etc? Also, how did you find living in such a little town? Was it easy to meet people/was there a student vibe?

Thank-you.

I'm not sure actually, i imagine you wouldn't have much trouble getting in as you are already on a design course.

I lived at home ( i live about 15 mins from farnham) whilst i studied, its a small town but there are big towns a short ride away (guildford and basingstoke mainly) the uni also has a student su bar which is used most nights. I'm not a city person which probably helped, but its def easy to meet people etc.
:smile:

Latest