The Student Room Group
They take our GCSE's into account. We get some kind of AP points :s-smilie: Then that decides our MEG.
Reply 2
GCSE points score. Which didn't work out too well for lots of people, good and bad.
Reply 3
The teachers use their disgression based on performance in previous exams and how well we do in class and for homework. I think, anyway :dontknow: I'm pretty sure we don't have a fancy computer program or anything.
Reply 4
GCSEs determine AS level predictions (get put through some sort of system that they subscribe to)
The full A-level prediction is based off AS performance (generally if you get more than 90% you are predicted an A*)
if you are taking a resit in Year 13 they will predict you one grade higher than you achieved at AS

medics and Oxbridge applicants have their predictions pushed up if they are not good enough
they guess....I got 7.6 out of 8.0 for my GCSE GPA

I got predicted DDDD for my A levels....before I had even started school
Reply 6
Ours go entirely on GCSE grade for AS, and then based on AS and GCSEs for A2, but they also talk to you about what you expect to achieve and take that into account (so if you're predicted a C from your AS results but you say you're going to put the work in to get to a B, they'll see how you go initially and might up it if they think you're doing well enough. But if you're saying you can get from a D to an A, they'll take it less seriously)

None of the ones I've talked to mentioned a technical system other than that, but the GCSE thing at AS can be really annoying because it takes all your GCSEs into account not just the relevant ones for your subjects.
Reply 7
Well I was predicted a D/C in English Lit before she had seen any of my work but I spoke to the teacher last week and she says it's now C/B but shes expecting me to get well above that.

They don't take GCSE's into consideration at all at my college.
Reply 8
Sensibly, unlike most other schools.

Latest