The Student Room Group

Top Modern Univeristies?

When I was looking around considering unis, I found the ones that looked the best for my subject were the new unis. Can anyone tell me what the top new unis are? I hear good stuff coming from oxford brookes/ bournemouth/ northumbria/ brunel/ brighton.
I'm intending to do film studies by the by.
cheeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrsssssssssss!
The best modern university would be Warwick.
Reply 2
any other ones a bit lower, as wawrick isn't really in my range of possibilities. any ones a wee bit lower? how do brunel/ northumbria/brighton hold up in rankings? they really impressed me in open days.
What subject d'you wanna do?
I don't know what you call 'modern', but i'd of thought Warwick and York are likely the best.

Oxford Brookes seems pretty good as well. Although it depends on the subject you want to do.
Reply 5
hey i know this is a really old thread now but really couldn't be bothered to start a new one. How do Brighton, Northumbria and Brunel match up against other new univeristies. I've rounded my choices down to these three due the course seeming really good but I just want to make sure if I went there, they were okay unis generally.
also which is best?! any help's appreciated!
Reply 6
I'm doing film studies. I'm not sure where I saw it but i heard that bournemouth is meant to be the second best new university.
Reply 7
Aston?
They have a new campus *I think*.
Reply 8
Im going northumbria i think. it seems pretty good from what ive heard.
Reply 9
The ones in my signature are decent ones for Film/TV Studies and such. I'd recommend most of them. My top two are going to be Reading & Aberystwyth. Kingston and Oxford Brookes I guess are the "modern ones", but not the best for the type of degree.
jackbennett139
hey i know this is a really old thread now but really couldn't be bothered to start a new one. How do Brighton, Northumbria and Brunel match up against other new univeristies. I've rounded my choices down to these three due the course seeming really good but I just want to make sure if I went there, they were okay unis generally.
also which is best?! any help's appreciated!

If you class Brunel as a new university (which i wouldn't) you are going back to the mid-1960s, in which case it isn't generally seen to be in the same class as Warwick or Bath which were founded at around the same time.
Brunel is not a 'new university' it gained it;s charter in 1966 it's a 'plate glass'
Reply 12
University of Bolton is quite modern
isn't Lancaster quite new?
Reply 14
Chichester and Oxford Brookes. That said, the way modern universities sell themselves any one of them seems the best.
Reply 15
King's have a film studies degree. I've also heard that Bournemouth university has a really good Media School.
Reply 16
Bolton University is very modern
Reply 17
MissyVenn
Bolton University is very modern

Top modern...

Bolton...

same sentence....

:eek3: :eek3:
Reply 18
the campus was only built recently so yes, the university is very modern.
Reply 19
check out Heriot-Watt University in Scotland.

Latest

Trending

Trending