The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by RandomFellas
Just wondering if anyone here has used them, I booked my first 10 lessons for £100 with them (then £22 per lesson after that) and I have to pay the first £100 upfront.

Just wondering if they are any good, or if they are geniune for that matter. Not much info on their sites.

http://www.drive-dynamics.co.uk/

Anyone?

They are thieves. paid them £104 upfront and they assigned me a psycho instructor, she was terribly unprofessional and rude.
contacted drive dynamics many times but they didnt cahnged my instructor nor refunded my money. ALL WASTE. HATE them.
Reply 41
I totally agree a bunch of thieves - once they have your money they couldn't care less a total scam. They messed me around with no instructors turning up for over two weeks when I finally got an instructor he was totally incompetent and wanted to charge me £22 per lesson after the first 6 lesson but I wasn't aware when I paid - a total scam.
I ended up finding a local driving school www.little-more.co.uk excellent and experienced instructor who has given me the confidence to book my test. Look for someone local yourself don't go through driving dyscammers !!
Reply 42
We booked same , 10 lessons for 99 pound , 6 lessons and then 4 for when sitting your test , this was for a birthday in August , 3 months later and he has only had 2 lessons. Gave him an instructor who said he knew local area , he had not got a clue , so the instructor took him to where he knew but used half an hour of his driving time to do this , big con or what. Never again will i use this company , drive dynamics , or would i recomend them to any one.
Reply 43
they actually are horrible unfortunately ,never ever use them
Reply 44
Drive Dynamics is a Hugee SCAMM!!! They've stolen my money, refuse to refund it and wont give me any lessons! I was initially angry about the lack of availability with their drivers so i complained a bit and they blacklisted me ever since!! FYI - this offer is deceiving, the last 4 or 6 hours of the '10 for 100' deal goes towards your test itself so u'd have to pay 22£ for lots of poorly taught lessons until your test. GO WITH SOMEONE ELSE!! Dont be cheap, dont be stupid, its not worth it!! I Paid the 100£'s and only received two hours!!! Flipping worked out as 50£ per lesson for that rubbish! Been trying to get my money back for 7 months now!! BULL! DRIVE DYNAMICS IS A SCAMM!! Yasmin !!
Reply 45
think you may need to check out your instructors first.....i booked ten lessons for my daughter, she has now been let down by the instructor twice! second time we are still waitin to hear what happened to him, no phone call, text....am now waiting to get my money back, will not be recommending them to anyone in the swansea area.
Reply 46
Absolute joke of a company, will take your money with a £4.50 charge and never return it until you threaten with the DSA or anything consumer related, seems to me its run but absolute money grabbing dimwits. Stay as far away as possible there out to grab your money and not deliever the goods.
Reply 47
Absolute joke of a company, will take your money with a £4.50 charge and never return it until you threaten with the DSA or anything consumer related, seems to me its run but absolute money grabbing dimwits. Stay as far away as possible there out to grab your money and not deliever the goods.
Reply 48
OMG!! i wish i had read this thread before contacting Drive Dynamics. I am having the same problem with them now. Paid for the lesson, driver refused to show up. Now being passed around with no hope of getting a refund. COMPLETE FRAUD!!! Stay away!!
Reply 49
OMG!! i wish i had read this thread before contacting Drive Dynamics. I am having the same problem with them now. Paid for the lesson, driver refused to show up. Now being passed around with no hope of getting a refund. COMPLETE FRAUD!!! Stay away!!
I've never had lessons with them, but I've tried to book lessons and it wasn't a very nice experience. It seemed impossible to find out if the instructor was available at the times I could do before booking the lessons. Whenever I initiated a 'chat' with them on the website I was ignored, and when I rung them up and told them what I wanted (to check if the instructor was available at the dates I wanted because I had a driving test booked and needed him at a particular time) I was told they would check with the driving instructor and ring me back. Two days later they hadn't rung me back, so I tried ringing them again and spoke to someone else, who told me I couldn't have the offer I wanted anyway if I had already booked my test. I don't understand why the original person I spoke to didn't tell me that.

I gave up on them and booked with BSM, which was a much easier and pleasant experience. They still text me about booking lessons and their offers though.

The fact that you only get the discounted lessons before your test is booked seems very sneaky, in many cases you'll have to book your test weeks, if not months, in advance to get the date you want, and then all lessons that were supposed to be discounted will be full price. I have no idea how good the actual instructors are, but their customer service leaves a lot to be desired, and I'm glad I gave up on them and found someone else.
Reply 51
Hi am Tamara, just spoke with Tony he sound very calm and gentle ...am trying to book 10 lessons, theory test, on line traing I guess...& exams fees all at £211...very exaited...but your comments make s bit worried :-(
I really want nice and patient instructor & sure want to pass the exam...really hard to save the money ...so dont want to pay and then regret it...really confused :-(
Reply 52
Original post by RandomFellas
Just wondering if anyone here has used them, I booked my first 10 lessons for £100 with them (then £22 per lesson after that) and I have to pay the first £100 upfront.

Just wondering if they are any good, or if they are geniune for that matter. Not much info on their sites.

http://www.drive-dynamics.co.uk/

Anyone?

Don't use Drive Dynamics. Rip off merchants in my experience. They give driving instructors a bad name. They try and get more and more lessons rather than focus on getting you ready for a test.
Reply 53
Do not use this organisation, they are fraudulent! I have been promised a refund since february and have heard nothing back despite several phone calls and promises.
I was sent an inexperienced diver who could not even communicate properly in english and i have recently found many other dissatisfied customers!!!
Reply 54
My experience with Drive Dynamics was horrible - I suggest people stay away so they don't have to put up with what I had to put up with. The 10 lessons for £99 sounded like a really good idea and I've always been put off driving lessons because of the cost, so it seemed like the best option for me. The offer ends up being six lessons up front, and then four on your test week. I admit it's really useful to have four lessons saved for your test week, but if you go with Drive Dynamics you'll probably never reach your test week.

I paid my money and it took them ages to finally pair me up with an instructor and he ended up being horrible. He smoked in his car, shouted at me and never taught me anything. I paid in blocks and I feel like he took advantage of that. In 20 hours worth of lessons, he taught me two of the maneuvers and took me to the same industrial state every lesson. I never went on a dual carriage way, a large roundabout, any of the test routes, never did a hill start and he never even mentioned my theory or practical test. He taught me a lot of things wrong and shouted at me over the littlest of things - like, he'd get me doing U turns for a whole lesson and then shout at me if I did something trivial. I didn't want to leave because I'd already paid for those 4 lessons on my test week and felt like I'd be letting my family down.

I nearly started crying on one of my lessons and ended up breaking down when I got in he was that horrible. I decided I'd had enough and text him saying I didn't want any more lessons and then deleted his number. I didn't get all those 10 lessons I'd originally paid for and lost some money because he wanted money in advance for every lesson. I booked my theory myself and passed it then went with a private driving instructor who was cheaper and had good recommendation.

She said that she had never even heard of my last driving instructor and he always had weeks off saying he had a test booked, yet my new driving instructor had never heard of him. I have a feeling he didn't even do tests in the area I was having mine! I've now been learning with my new one for four months and have had to learn everything from scratch pretty much - on my first lesson with her, she took me on dual carriage ways, the big roundabouts and some test routes and I feel like I'm actually learning to drive now. I'm now ready to book my driving test finally.

I really wish I didn't go with Drive Dynamics because I'd probably have passed by now and I wasted so much money not learning anything, and have been put off learning to drive by a horrible driving instructor. There probably are some nice ones out there, but I wouldn't take the risk. Go with a private driving instructor with recommendations because Drive Dynamics are con artists and it's really not fair that they're taking money from teenagers like they are.
Do not go with this company trust me. I brought the package deal of 10 lessons for £99. My driving instructor was nice and he has taught me well but it's a big scam. After a month he told me the lessons were now £24 pounds for 2 hours when originally it was £22 pounds. The next month he then told me it was £25 pounds for two hours. He constantly cancelled lessons and didn't turn up. He wouldn't contact me and would leave me waiting until the two hours had passed then he would text me saying he couldn't make it. Would constantly turn up late and not warn me about it. I started in July 2013 he didn't teach me any manoeuvres until January 2014 so I was with him for 5 months but not consistent lessons considering he constantly cancelled and told me he couldn't work the the last half of November and the whole of December. When I asked why I hadn't been taught any manoeuvres he old me that I wasn't ready to be taught. My mums friend is a driving instructor and be took me on a lesson and told me I was more than passing standard of my driving test. But I hadn't been taught any. I passed my theory in July and that didn't change anything either. It's a scam to make more money out of you by telling you that you're not ready. We would just spend the whole 2 hours driving around whilst he sat and played candy crush on his phone, he obviously didn't think to turn the sound down on his phone. Highly disappointed and have spent a ridiculous amount of money on driving lessons and I've still not been taught anything more than turning the road :/
Oh and I needed to cancel a lesson cause I had an emergency doctors appointment to attend and told I'm two days before he did not get back to me. And claimed that his phone was off and he didn't get my text till the day off the lesson therefore he had to charge me a 25 pound cancellation fee
Reply 57
yes happens to me to I paid 100 for 10 hours and i did only 6 because the the 4 hours left is for week before practical test they did not mentioned that before if you don
Reply 58
DRIVE DYNAMICS ARE THE WORST DRIVING COMPANY I HAVE HAD THE MISFORTUNE OF COMING INTO CONTACT WITH !!! I was messed about by the driving instructor for 10 days. Requested a refund on 25th April 2014 and STILL WAITING !! And Mark_79 you are a collegue, you would say that. You're not one of the victims of this companies incompetance !!
Hi there,
I would like to report an illegal scam going on within Dynamic Driving School, I have more than 4 people all unknown to me until today and all scammed by dynamic driving school.

The school asks all the driving class money upfront first then they tell the students that their driving instructor has left the school and that the student has to take the case with their instructor, it’s my understanding that when I signed up for the driving school the agreement was between myself and the school, if the instructor has left the school or not it should never be the student’s concern. The school must inform the student and arrange an alternative instructor to carry on with the driving lessons considering that the school already took all the money from the students but apparently with dynamic driving school the student must speak with the instructor and resolve the situation themselves

how can I resolve this situation with someone I never had class with? When asked the money back the school refused to pay the money back because they already paid the instructor and they gave me the instructor’s number for me to ring and when I did ring the instructor (Mohammed) he said that the school is a fraud and that they were lying to all students and that’s the reason why he left because he didn't want to be part of the illegal scam.

Can you please investigate this Driving School because I believe there are far more people in the same situation as me and my wife but have nowhere to go to complain or how to fight back such a scam.

should you require further information please do not hesitate to contact me

Latest

Trending

Trending