The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
This company is in a complete mess. They take payments when they know they haven't got a driving instructor or if they have they all leave as they get treated so badly. The contact details excuse is rubbish - don't waste any more time and effort on them - go to trading standards and they will advise you on what to do. Don't worry they will know exactly who they are. The wont call you back and they wont refund you unless you go official. Please post on their facebook page, trustpilot and google reviews - the more bad press they get the better. stops young drivers and inexperienced driving instructors getting connned. This is legalised fraud taking money under false pretences so you can also report them to your bank and they will treat it as a fraud investigation
Booked 10 lessons then told there was no instructor available in our area,we requested our money back this was 4th March,we still have not had a penny and they don't answer our e-mails,we have rung and had phone put down on us,please please stay well away from this company.we are getting in touch with trading standards we won't let this go,don't throw away your money to them.
(edited 9 years ago)
scam artists, will take your money quick but when you finally get a refund they will charge £25 admin fee and thats if you even get any back
Wow, this company might be one of the dodgiest businesses I have ever come across. The number of complaints that I have seen on this forum and on many other websites is breathtaking.

I did not use this company to learn to drive, but seriously, take a look at these reponses and think carefully about choosing to learn with Drive Dynamics. I'm seriously surprised there has not been some sort of legal action taken against this fraudulent company.
Reply 84
Poor customer service and do not take any lessons with them you won't get the lessons and your money back
They took my £150 for the lessons and theory teacher and then cancelled the lessons and will not give a refund, I have now lost all the money I saved.. NEVER go with Drvie Dynamics they're com artists the lot of them
Drive Dynamics ? Avoid them like you avoid ebola !!. my daughter has had a nightmare using them. she got 10 lessons paid for as a birthday present. first instructor came for 2 lessons then didnt show for next 2. rang DD to complain and demanded another instructor .She turned up for 2 then missed one. then came for one, then missed one.eventually had about 20 lessons ( with missed appointments in between when the instructor would text on the day of the lessons to cancel ) . The worst part is that my daughter has booked her test for next month. and on Monday whilst waiting for her lesson she received a text message from the instructor saying she can not give her any more lessons due to personal circumstances !!. I rang DD to complain AGAIN. absolutely no compassion and they just wanted me to know that the instructor was liable to repay any outstanding money ( the final 2 lessons of the original 10 are held back for the driving test so that makes you less likely to cancel with them ) After several calls over 2 days Drive Dynamics said they would arrange for another instructor to give my daughter the lessons and said someone would call her later in the evening. My daughter received a call ,guess who from. yep the original instructor who failed to show for 2 of her first 4 lessons.well you can guess that she wont be using him. To be honest I did read some reviews online before the first lesson ( most are awful ) but as the lessons were a birthday present ( not from me ) then she felt obliged to use them. PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT LET THE APPARENT BARGAIN PRICE OF £99 FOR 10 LESSONS SWAY YOU TO DRIVE DYNAMICS or to book them for someone else. I have now arranged lessons with another instructor and i will post my totally honest review of drive dynamics anywhere i can if it will put any prospective learner off .They are mostly charlatans and if you need to ring them to complain dont expect any tea and sympathy . I have no doubt this company will be on Watchdog in the future and eventually closed down . I have nothing to gain by posting this review apart from the hope that it puts you off them. If you need an instructor then ask your friends, family who have had lessons and get somebody who is recommended, please dont with them no matter how good the offer appears to be . I assure you that you WILL regret it.
Reply 87
Well if you bend over backwards for everyone why have I waited over a month for lessons and they took my money the same day and they're just ignoring me!!!
Reply 88
i should have seen this website before I paid to those Thief. Total cheater. I paid for 7 lessons and after 4 lessons. Drive Dynamic won't let you change instructor even though you don't like him on your first lesson. Instructor asked me to pay more money for more lessons. why should I pay him for more lesson if he is not the right one. Also told me that he can only give the rest 3 lessons only if i booked more lessons with him and also have to use his car for the test or else he won't give the rest 3 lessons. Ive brought this matter to customer service and they said they cannot do anything as this is the contract between instructor and learner and they have paid fully to insturctor. Also their customer service is so rude and not helpful and l have spent like 2 hours on hold to speak to them although sales line, which is for taking money, is quite fast. TOTAL CHEATER. THIEF!!
Reply 89
Hi everyone I am currently using drive dynamic I'm in Colchester my instructor Steve Saville is an amazing instructor always early I have had 14 hours over 7 lessons I have done nearly every aspect of driving at least once he's very patient with me never shouts and is very approachable the £99 offer you only get 3 2hour lessons they save 4hours for test week read the small print I am more than happy with the way things are going it did take 2 weeks for my instructor to get in contact though be patient if your in Colchester ask for Steve Saville he's amazing
Good morning, I am crying right now because of this scam, I feel so stupid. They took 101 pounds 75pence. This money took me ages to earn I was saving up. When I fell into this trap. what can I do? The citizens advice are telling me to produce my own proof. HEELPPP!!
For anyone who has had issues with Drive Dynamcs you might want to watch Watchdog next week - they are being featured. BBC1 Thursday 11th June at 8pm.
Just watched these guys on watchdog. Can't believe they are actually thieves! No one should book with them!!!
DD is owned by Kan Kan Ltd. The following might be of interest...

https://m.thegazette.co.uk/notice/2350402/
p.s., Most driving instructors are independent franchisees of driving schools. Any problems that DD are experiencing should not necessarily be transferred on to the driving instructors themselves who may be blameless.
Reply 95
I'm a young adult suffering from hard of hearing nd complex needs was just wondering is this school any good for me.... First time learning any advice is a great help
Original post by Nath_93
I'm a young adult suffering from hard of hearing nd complex needs was just wondering is this school any good for me.... First time learning any advice is a great help

I have heard only good reviews with regards to this Driving School.
Reply 97
DO NOT USE!!
Book with the AA or RAC instead.
They will not give you all lessons. You do not get a copy of the terms and conditions.
Stay away from them!
They will take advantage of you !!
Avoid them like the plague the account for my theory test was broken it also took them 4 months to book one lesson avoid them at all costs go to kiss driving they are quite good.
I've taken lessons directly through an instructor from their company the instructor follows the company guidelines I've had no problem yet althought it was not stated clearly that out of the 10 lesson for £100 4 of the lessons have to be close to your practical date so after you do 6 lessons you have to pay in advance on the 6th lesson for the week after.

Latest

Trending

Trending