The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
There is nothing DYNAMIC about this company other than their ability to dodge questions, ignore emails, not return promised phone calls from their 'customer services' team- oh and not provide the lessons you've paid for within a reasonable time-frame! It is a complete frustration trying to get in touch with an instructor after you paid for your lessons in advance.

The MD of this company and his board of directors should be embarrassed at the way this organisation operates - it's a scam, a shambles and legalised theft in my opinion.

I deeply regret not spending time looking at reviews before booking lessons with drive dynamics for my daughters 17th birthday 6 months ago. They have taken all the EXCITEMENT OUT & put TONS OF STRESS IN to something that you look forward to doing for quite a while before you get your provisional.

I doubt anyone will have had a positive experience with them, and if there are any good reviews - they're probably made up by them!

AVOID unless you want to feel like you don't exist and robbed.
Reply 101
I booked a lesson. Instructor failed to turn up. Have. Tried to call the office and never get a response. I was told one of the companies went into liquidation only to find out they are still trading from companies house.. Totally unprofessional, taking money and not delivering! DO NOT USE THEM
Reply 102
We managed after 2 hours of constant calling to get thorough to someone who eventually called back several hours later; when asked if they would provide a refund they informed us to contact the instructor directly as they don't keep the money - they pass it onto the instructor (although i have read a lost of reviews from instructors who say the don't get paid, which is probably why they don't turn up to lessons or answer calls). So the instructor was contacted, and guess what... he didn't answer the phone, didn't reply to texts and we're still waiting. It seems whatever dealings you have with this company you get the rough end of the deal and they are getting away with it. Isn't it about time some authority paid them some attention and close their scam down!!
I was an instructor with them.please don't go with them... Worst firm.to work for and it's just a rip off find someone else DO NOT LEARN WITH THEM
Bend over backwards? I don't think so. All they have done is mess me around, and I've not even had a lesson seeing as they took so long to even get an instructor to contact me, yet quick to grab my money. Still waiting on a refund from 5 weeks ago, and them to reply to my emails/calls asking why I've not been refunded from 2 weeks ago. Don't use this ****ty company ever, they're all incompetent, money grabbing ******s.
NEVER GO WITH DEIVE DYNAMICS. They make false promises to scam you. They make the lessons seem cheap but if its too cheap you know theres something wrong. I fell into the trap. They promised me 5 times that i will get a full refund of my £99 package for 10 hours if i did not like my first lesson. I atempted to cancell after my first lesson as i did not like my instructor. I called back and forth after being hung up on and phones not picking up. I attempted to call their customer service 40+ times. When they finally picked up i was angry, the lady on the other end's way of handling with this was to give me cheek and be rude. She promised me a £40 refund which means they took £50 off of me for a 2 hour lesson which if you do the maths 2 hours should only be £20. She promised to call back the following day to continue to sort things out and didnt call back after a week. So i took matters into my own hands and called myself. Another lady served me who said that my instructor told me that i broke the terms and conditions as i did not manage to cancell my lessons 48hrs prior. So i would only get a £3 refund!! Absolute *******s. So now ive been charged £96 for 2 hours and they refuse to give me any more, even though i sent proof through screenshots that i did inform the instructor of my cancellation and that he was the one that did not reply. This company is a joke and have the worst customer service imaginable. I would give them minus 5 stars out of 5.
I know them very will .I visited them off is in pistol. They care only on getting money. 100 for 10 hours cheap given cheap quality .lesson
Instructors strategy to wist the time in taking to save th fuel. ..not recommended. Avoid
Who was ur instructers ? Mine was karim. Hardly gave me my lesson since July ..cancelled awaiting refund atm
Don't trust Drive Dynamics. They take your money and don't deliver what was agreed. The instructor regularly cancels lessons and we have agreed he needs to refund me but so far I have waited 3 months for a refund and it hasn't happened. Completely ripped off. How they can take money like that from students and sleep at night is beyond belief. Shameful behaviour! Don't trust them!!!!
Don't use them, I booked a number of lessons for my sons birthday and thankfully received an email confirmation. Then not a thing, I had to chase them when I was told it's an 8 week waiting list!! Plus they couldn't find my order. Waiting for my refund now. Here's hoping 😡
Reply 110
They are a bunch of thieves! They tried to steal my money. I didn't even get a lesson, I asked for a refund and I still have not got it after 3months of ringing them up.
Poor experience all round for me.

I have had about 7hrs worth of lessons between 5th MAY 2015 to today 8TH SEPTEMBER 2015.

I have tried endless times to get in touch with the company re: the instructor but have been fobbed off about 8 times now with email addresses and phone numbers that have been disconnected after a number of rings.

The company are EXTREMELY quick to answer and reply if they think you're a new student for them, and I've had to go through the signing up telephone numbers just to get through to a human being. They have told me EVERY TIME, REGARDLESS OF WHAT TIME IT WAS that nobody was in the office so I'd have to be called back. I have never been called back.

My instructor cancels or changes the time of my lessons even up to 30mins before the lesson. He has no idea of how many hours I've done. Never knows what's been done. Never writes anything down.

He has just come back from a month long holiday and as he hadn't organised himself properly and completed my lessons before that, I've been stuck without lessons for the month and unable to get in touch with the company.

Today was his last chance and after having difficulties booking a lesson for this morning at 9:30am, he messaged at 8:10am to say that he has things to sort out so can we move the lesson.

I feel as if this is a cowboy company, they don't know who they have working for them as drivers, one of my friends used this company but luckily for him had a great instructor so didn't have to go through all of this.

I really want my money back, but obviously, this company are not getting back to me about it.

Please be warned. Using drive dynamics is like a lucky dip, you can never be sure of who you're going to get and what'll happen. I do not recommend them.
Original post by rod190
They are a bunch of thieves! They tried to steal my money. I didn't even get a lesson, I asked for a refund and I still have not got it after 3months of ringing them up.

Oh gosh great, so I could be looking at 3months+ worth of waiting!? They were such a bad idea :frown:
booked my son a crush course with this company six weeks ago for 30 hours in 1 week . he has taken I week of work and is self employed so he is losing money . Day one didn't turn up and when we phoned took hours to get through and to be told there is nothing been booked for this week only the practical test is booked for next week but without the 30 hours lesson how are you supposed to pass a practical what kind of company is this don't know what's going on ect . paid 750.00 for this just want my money back now . when I spoke to them and asked for my money back they said to hold on and need to look into it but been told that there's no driving instructors available for the hours we booked . what's there to look at I paid they didn't deliver so I get my money back simple but no quick to take your money . Going to take this further not getting ripped of by this company. Beware DO NOT USE
You are completely stupid. The '6 point check' will fail your test. What a load of nonsense.
I agree with you, they are unprofessional and would take more than 14 days to refund your money..to be honest they only run a franchise like you honestly said and contact independent instructors, in the northampton area they only had one instructor who was booked up to his ears with lessons for up to 2 weeks after the company took 48 hours to let us know the driver was going to contact us it took more like 7 working days..and guess what up until now there has been no action taken about the refund...and I am feeling stupid because drive dynamics have made me look bad with someone who trusted me to pay for lessons
Reply 116
ive recently paid upfront £100 for a block of 10 hour lessons with driving dynamics, never used them before.

they told me there would be a wait of 2 weeks for a lady called susan, which was okay as i was going on holiday for a week and would be in contact with the instructor before i go to secure a lesson for when im back.

i got 2 calls from two different people (not susan) one who couldnt do evenings and one who wasnt available till mid october.

ringing up several types to arrange an instructor, still havent been given one. there telephone service is crap. the amount of types ive rang and been put on hold.

it states in the terms and conditions that they should acquire an instructor to you. yet ive been chasing one for myself even after paying the money upfront.

i would not recommend driving dynamics at all as its just a long waiting game and waste of time!
Hi I'm in the process of fighting for my money back how far are you prepared to take it as I feel that if enough people (victims) come forward something will get done about and stop them doin this to anyone else.
do noit use this driving school. They will take your money and they will never come to you for your lessons and if you are luck you will do 5 to 6 lessons . I booked 10m lessons for my daughter in august and utnil today 11 october they have not done not even one lesson. I am struggliong to get my money back and they do not answer your phone calls. Bw warned do not use them and you better pay more for yopurnlessons than get dissapointed
Original post by KayHew
There is nothing DYNAMIC about this company other than their ability to dodge questions, ignore emails, not return promised phone calls from their 'customer services' team- oh and not provide the lessons you've paid for within a reasonable time-frame! It is a complete frustration trying to get in touch with an instructor after you paid for your lessons in advance.

The MD of this company and his board of directors should be embarrassed at the way this organisation operates - it's a scam, a shambles and legalised theft in my opinion.

I deeply regret not spending time looking at reviews before booking lessons with drive dynamics for my daughters 17th birthday 6 months ago. They have taken all the EXCITEMENT OUT & put TONS OF STRESS IN to something that you look forward to doing for quite a while before you get your provisional.

I doubt anyone will have had a positive experience with them, and if there are any good reviews - they're probably made up by them!

AVOID unless you want to feel like you don't exist and robbed.

We have had a similarly BAD EXPERINCE with Drive Dynamics.
We contacted Drive Dynamics and paid the booking service £311.75 for twentydriving lessons for our daughter on 7th July 2015. This was her 17th birthdaypresent! The allocated driving instructor in the Derby area gave TWO lessonsand then cancelled further appointments. We contacted Drive Dynamics forassistance both by telephone and via a letter to the managing director (MrAlistair Midgley-McDonald) at their head office. We eventually received a letter from Drive Dynamicsstating that they do not accept any responsibility for the driving lessons thatwere arranged with them.So, basically, Drive Dynamics accepts payment andcontacts a driving instructor - if that driving instructor fails to deliver thelessons, Drive Dynamics customer support simply 'wash their hands' of theproblem! THIS IS DEFINATELY A COMPANY TO AVOID!!

Latest

Trending

Trending