The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Live82005
Extra's my only option now. Not very hopeful though.

Same... I was too ambitious with my choices and now I'm definately regretting it :mad:

One choice left but I'm not holding out for it. Should I actually ring up the university before i think about applying to them through extra?
Reply 41
OneBeanLescott
Same... I was too ambitious with my choices and now I'm definitely regretting it :mad:

One choice left but I'm not holding out for it. Should I actually ring up the university before i think about applying to them through extra?

That's generally advised yeah. I think it's just because some universities might be showing in Extra by mistake so you need to check with them that they're happy to receive your application.

And yes, my choices were way too ambitious as well. I'm such a stupid head. :o:
Does anyone think it is likely that you get an offer from UCAS Extra, keep it till summer,get better grades than was offerd on extra- to then go through 'adjustment' and try to get into your previous 5 chosen unis/competitive courses- or am I just dreaming lol?
Reply 43
I assume that if you go through extra, you will need to write a new personal statement?
Also, I still need opinions of whether to take up a new course at another uni.
I'm gonna email the unis i wanna apply to through extra... but i have no idea what to say :s-smilie: lol
Reply 45
I just did a search. I'm doing English which is ridiculously competitive so as expected most of the good unis aren't in Extra but there are still a few (I've picked out five good places already) so it's not all doom and gloom. I'm going to call them tomorrow and hope that they don't tell me there's been a mistake!
Reply 46
DONE IT :afraid:

I already emailed my choice and everything so didn't need to wait. They said I would get the same offer but I'm still really frightened arghhhhh.
Tilie
DONE IT :afraid:

I already emailed my choice and everything so didn't need to wait. They said I would get the same offer but I'm still really frightened arghhhhh.

GOOD LUCK!!!
Wow, that's really good that they did change the entry requirements :smile:

Which uni did you look into? :biggrin:
Reply 48
Original post by &#37011
GOOD LUCK!!!
Wow, that's really good that they did change the entry requirements :smile:

Which uni did you look into? :biggrin:

Thankyou!! Royal Holloway :biggrin: I applied to them way back in November and had an offer but I accidentally withdrew it and UCAS couldn't do anything and said I'd have to wait for Extra. I emailed RHUL and they said that if there was places left they would be able to give the same offer so I am hoping they don't change their mind hehe.

Good luck I hope you find some good choices in extra or find somewhere you will be happy :smile:
I'm considering extra because there's a few unis i didn't look into for my original choices.
However I still have 3 unis to reply so i'd rather wait for them. We shall see.
can i email SOAS my alternative statement and academic record and ask if based on that info they will consider me/have a chance for an offer...
or do i need to cancel all my offers and go through UCAS? <-- i know thats the typical way

but would SOAS look at my application if i just my statement and record without using UCAS??

thanks!
Just had a look, there's only really one or two that I would consider in Extra. I'm going to wait and see what Warwick/Sheffield say, definitely.
Glowing with Gratitude
can i email SOAS my alternative statement and academic record and ask if based on that info they will consider me/have a chance for an offer...
or do i need to cancel all my offers and go through UCAS? <-- i know thats the typical way

but would SOAS look at my application if i just my statement and record without using UCAS??

thanks!

Unlikely I'm afraid. Most universities want you to go through UCAS rather than "cheating" the system. I'm going to close this thread to prevent duplication. Please use this one for questions and discussion.

Latest

Trending

Trending