The Student Room Group

Student Finance 2010 entry deadline - WHEN IS IT???!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Is anyone else finding that the site is down when you try to apply for 2010/2011?
Reply 21
non-income assessed' what does that mean?
If you are applying for tuition loan ( which isn't means tested) and the maintenance grant/loan (which is) that is the June deadline isn't it?
Lindsey123
It's in the sticky!

Tomorrow for non-income assessed, and 25th June for income assessed (i.e. household income <£60K).

where is this sticky?? and also im slightly worried that the deadline is coming up so soon what do i need to do??
greatmonte
where is this sticky?? and also im slightly worried that the deadline is coming up so soon what do i need to do??

It's at the top of the page:
Student Finance Deadlines - Is Yours Drawing Near? Deadline for non income-assesed applications this week

Basically you just need to apply ASAP!
Reply 25
Swimmer
non-income assessed' what does that mean?

It means your parents' income is not taken into consideration when you get your loan money, so just you get the minimum amounts (tuition fees and/or c. £3500 maintenance loan).

chinnymaster
If you are applying for tuition loan ( which isn't means tested) and the maintenance grant/loan (which is) that is the June deadline isn't it?

You can still get a basic maintenance loan without being means-tested.
Reply 26
How do i know if its not being taken into account?
Reply 27
Yeah sites down... so frustrating!...:eek: :eek: :eek:
Swimmer
How do i know if its not being taken into account?

If your household income is less than £60K and you want more money than the standard £3.5K loan, you apply income-assessed to get them to take your household income into account.

More than £60K or don't want extra money, you don't need them to take it into account, as anyone can get the standard loan regardless of household income.
Reply 29
God damn ****** site
Reply 30
Times like this when I wish I hadn't left it this late...
Reply 31
Extra Loan, as in loan for accomadation right?
Well with regard to deadline has anyonme noticed even Student Finance's own publications contradict eachother. One gives the logical orientation, means-test apps by 23rd April and Non-means-tested by 25th June, another says the other way around. There appears to have been a monumental mess-up somewhere!
And anyway, if the means-test deadline is later, then everyone, even those who dont need one, can just opt for that too, and the deadline will be "logically" postponed! The outcome is the same for all of us, and just means that SFE's incompetence means they have to do more work!
Swimmer
Extra Loan, as in loan for accomadation right?

Yes, either a higher maintenance loan or a maintenance grant.
Reply 34
Smoosh
Times like this when I wish I hadn't left it this late...

Think we're all thinking the same at the moment :frown:
Reply 35
Which one is better? and up to how much you get?
Swimmer
Which one is better? and up to how much you get?

What do you mean which one is better?
Reply 37
I cant apply for both, so i need to pick one of them right? Urgh i dont even know how it works :frown:
Richard_Bullett
Well with regard to deadline has anyonme noticed even Student Finance's own publications contradict eachother. One gives the logical orientation, means-test apps by 23rd April and Non-means-tested by 25th June, another says the other way around. There appears to have been a monumental mess-up somewhere!
And anyway, if the means-test deadline is later, then everyone, even those who dont need one, can just opt for that too, and the deadline will be "logically" postponed! The outcome is the same for all of us, and just means that SFE's incompetence means they have to do more work!

evidence of SFE saying means tested deadline is April please. I've not seen it. Your assertion of 'logical' has never applied, it has always been done as posted above. The deadline is only a deadline in that SFE promise you'll get your money if you apply before it applies.
Swimmer
I cant apply for both, so i need to pick one of them right? Urgh i dont even know how it works :frown:

Its simple.
Folks earn under £60K - apply for income assessed.
If they earn more don't bother.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending