The Student Room Group

SERIOUS WORRIES ABOUT MY LIFE... and motivation help :\

Just a few general questions,
1.) Does anyone know a good site where I can download a revision time table?
2.) HOW THE $%&%^() do you guys become, AND KEEP motivated to study and revise?! I need serious help here. I'm supposed to be doing ICT CW right now but i'm sitting here :woo: DEAR GOD HELP ME.
3.) When should I start revising for GCSEs?

ANY HELP IS SOSOSOOSOS appreciatd. FANKYOU.
Reply 1
iamasecret
2.) HOW THE $%&%^() do you guys become, AND KEEP motivated to study and revise?! I need serious help here. I'm supposed to be doing ICT CW right now but i'm sitting here :woo: DEAR GOD HELP ME.

1. The more time you waste on here and making revision timetables the less time you spend revising.

2. We don't.

3. The night before the exam, like everybody else.
Reply 2
1) Dunno. But don't try and appease the guilt of not revising by spending hours looking for and making a timetable :P
2) No idea. I'm at university and still haven't mastered it haha. For me personally, making sure I get all the sleep I need, staying away from the internet and making a timetable have all helped. But at the end of the day, you have to WANT to do the revision. You've got to exert some self-control. It's not easy.
3)I'm not sure... I think I started after Easter... it depends on how well you currently know your syllabus and how much time you'd actually spend revising once you started.
Reply 3
Social pressure tends to be one hell of an incentive to revise. If you're expected to achieve certain grades the thought of not achieving them becomes terrifying. Ofcourse you'd have to put youself in this position first. At first the motivation usually comes from wanting to beat peers and beat everyones expectations of you.
iamasecret

1) a good idea my physics teacher suggested was using your normal school timetable as a revision timetable as that way you get an even spread of learning and it means you don't do too little revision on some subject or too much on others :smile: and you can use the lessons you don't have an exam in for revision of your worst subjects! and you're more likely to stick to your normal timetable than an unrealistic one you make yourself where you give yourself 10 minute breaks every hour or something :p:

2) haha deactivate your fb? haha kinda rough though :P just eat your way through :p: do it in small chunks and take regular breaks and try to pop down the shops or go swimming or whatever to really relax in your break :smile:

3)idk about you but im starting about 2 weeks before easter because i have loooads coursework at the moment :frown:

Good Luck!
Check out this. .

some of it's pure cheese but some's kinda helpful :smile:

http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2005/06/self-discipline/
DW CALM DOWN ITS GCSE'S with gcse's u can get away with only a bit of work :P whens ur coursework due in?? tbh i did most of mine the night before... i also revised for ALL my gcse's night before and i got a's, b's and one c NOT TOO SHABBY.
well what u need to do is open it and write a few notes at the bottom of the page of stuff u need to do, try and get it sorted in ur head, then do it bit by bit and most importantly stop stressing it helps no one!!
Reply 7

2) haha deactivate your fb? haha kinda rough though :P just eat your way through do it in small chunks and take regular breaks and try to pop down the shops or go swimming or whatever to really relax in your break
Ha! Yeh, I did that just now. Wow man this is tougher then I expected.

Check out this. .

some of it's pure cheese but some's kinda helpful

http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/200...lf-discipline/

Ah, dude I will do if I ever have the time to UNPEEL my eyes of this ICT CW.

DW CALM DOWN ITS GCSE'S with gcse's u can get away with only a bit of work :P whens ur coursework due in?? tbh i did most of mine the night before... i also revised for ALL my gcse's night before and i got a's, b's and one c NOT TOO SHABBY.
well what u need to do is open it and write a few notes at the bottom of the page of stuff u need to do, try and get it sorted in ur head, then do it bit by bit and most importantly stop stressing it helps no one!!
Ah, but it's tough haing to live up to INCREDIBLY CLEVER family memebers when you're just an average ish at most student :frown:

Latest