The Student Room Group

Designing a Guitar Tuner

Hello everyone

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with analogue circuits/signal processing and could help me out a little.

I have to design a (preferably) analogue guitar/violin tuner. So far I am getting no where, other than mic and amplifier, i have no idea where to start about getting the frequency out of the signal except by doing a fast fourier transform... which would have to use a processor.

Does anyone have any advice/can point me in the right direction for where to look?

Thanks
Reply 2
thanks! I was looking at that, but doesn't it use a processor..?
Reply 3
I can use what can work out from before it gets to the processor, i heard i could use a "frequency to voltage" converter, but i will have to look into them more...
Reply 4
Ok, i have a specific question about amplifiers:

I can design an op amp with a gain of 10 or whatever by having set resistors, but this means the output is dependent on the input, Is there any way i can amplify the signal to an amplitude of say 9V, not knowing the input signals amplitude?

Im unsure how high the amplitude from a piezoelectric sensor would be on a violin, but i need to set a schmitt trigger with certain thresholds, so i need to have a certain input amplitude.

Thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending