The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Um, I'm not very clear on what you mean, but I think you've confused yourself. I don't think Unis mind doing different highers over 3 years, as long as it doesn't take 3 years to do one higher, which is probably what they meant.
Reply 2
i spoke to an admissions advisor at glasgow, and they explained that if i went to college after school for a third sitting of highers, the chances of me getting in there would be extremely unlikely. i'm still unsure, but i wasn't intending to do the same higher for a third time so...
Reply 3
I'm doing my third years of Highers as I went straight from 6th year to college.

I've received 3 offers this year, and one unsuccessful as I was aiming too high - although I didn't apply to Glasgow or Edinburgh, but that's down to preferring modern universities to the older traditional ones. Go to college, you will be fine! :smile: probably the best thing I could have done, I feel more prepared for university after being in a more mature environment. You could always add it into your personal statement that you wanted to broaden your qualifications and do more subjects you were interested in, that way they know you weren't at college because you needed to be but more the chance to study what you wanted? If you know what I mean... Sorry, this is a long ramble, haha.
Reply 4
what uni's did you get into? I'm thinking of going to a modern university anyway, and i was thinking of doing one or two advanced highers anyway to get me used to the university lifestyle :smile:
Reply 5
nampen
what uni's did you get into? I'm thinking of going to a modern university anyway, and i was thinking of doing one or two advanced highers anyway to get me used to the university lifestyle :smile:

Glasgow Caledonian (Criminology) - Offer: BBC [with B in English]
RGU (Law) - Offer: BC [with B in English]
Edinburgh Napier (Criminology) - Unconditional
Glasgow Caledonian (Law) - Acknowledged (could be it's a busy course or not a good candidate, but still not heard yet)
Strathclyde (Law) - Unsuccessful

Hope this helps :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending