The Student Room Group
Im from UEA - if you have an offer for Pychology you are lucky as they are full now! not accepting any more applciations. The course has been so popular!

UEA is a great place - easy commute to london, got its own airport and a pub for every day of the year!
anniejh92
i'm hoping to start an undergrad psychology course in september.. and am torn between brunel and uea! i love brunel's course but uea has a good rep and just seemed really friendly (: can anyone from either uni give me opinions?

I'd definitely go for UEA! I heard Brunel is a dump. I love UEA and definitely want it as my insurance :smile:
Reply 3
anniejh92
i'm hoping to start an undergrad psychology course in september.. and am torn between brunel and uea! i love brunel's course but uea has a good rep and just seemed really friendly (: can anyone from either uni give me opinions?

I've heard Brunel is a total dump too. I'd definitely choose UEA!
Reply 4
UEA without a doubt. Brunel is in the middle of nowhere, at least UEA has Norwich... (UEA also has a pretty good psychology department, which is more than I can say for Brunel)
Reply 5
I don't actually understand why there's such anti-Brunel feeling here.

Brunel is certainly not a dump (a huge amount has been spent on improvements to the campus and facilities recently, it's in a safe, nice enough albeit rather boring area, it's close enough to the edge of Greater London to get away from it all - speak to Norfolkadam about the walks and so on available), it's not in the middle of nowhere (10 minute walk/5 minute bus journey to the town centre and the tube station, which is on the picadilly and metropolitan lines, 40 minutes from Uxbridge tube station to the very centre of London on the tube).

Brunel also actually has better research quality and higher graduate prospects for psychology than UEA. See the Times Good University Guide (althogh I would never condone relying entirely on league tables to make your choice).

Go to the university with the course you prefer.

Latest