The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 1
You mean living at home? Alot of people at Imperial do it particularly 2nd year onwards.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
yh but in my case it'll take abt 1hr.30mins to commute from my home to the School
Reply 3
Emperor
yh but in my case it'll take abt 1hr.30mins to commute from my home to the School

Ouch ... coming from south east London? Consider living in halls at least your 1st year, you dont have to live in the very expensive halls. You're gonna be joining my department :woo:
Reply 4
Antzlck
Ouch ... coming from south east London? Consider living in halls at least your 1st year, you dont have to live in the very expensive halls. You're gonna be joining my department :woo:

You're studying ChemEng aswell lol great:smile: .....

Yh I'll consider that option. Also being an International student I'll be expected to pay a tuition fees of £20400 so I was wondering if its possible to pay it in installments?:frown:
Reply 5
Don't live away for first year. You'll meet so few people in comparison.

Edit: English fail.
Reply 6
jayshah31
Don't live away for first year. You'll meet so many few people in comparison.

Actually, the only people I met in halls that I still regularly talk to did the same course that I did. The others I met just lurk around on my fb.. and I occasionally say hi to them if I see them on campus. Halls is a good opportunity to meet people though.

I wouldn't say that is a good reason not to live at home though.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'operating', but you will find that you have to/should attend lectures. Some may start really early in the morning, or finish late in the evening. You can't do those from home. Also if you need to do some work in the lab; I'm not sure what ChemEng people do, but I assume you can't take everything home with you.

I found it more convenient to live close, so I could easily go on campus and do work from really early in the morning (~7am) until security kick me out of the building (11pm typically).

If you don't mind travelling though and getting home late at night (unusual dinner times) then you can consider living at home.
Reply 7
98QEHS
Actually, the only people I met in halls that I still regularly talk to did the same course that I did. The others I met just lurk around on my fb.. and I occasionally say hi to them if I see them on campus. Halls is a good opportunity to meet people though.

Yeah, you're absolutely right. However, some of the people in halls are so amazing I couldn't imagine not having met them at the very least.

OP, you also get diversity. You will, otherwise, limit yourself to people on your course. You'll also miss out on the amazing freshers events.
Reply 8
thanx for all the replies guys...I really appreciate

Latest

Trending

Trending